Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

need opinion on my Tornister Affe backpack

Article about: need opinion on my Tornister Affe backpack, nice and lots of fur but is he original or not and dose someone have a picture of him in use he is marked warschau 1942 cant read the markersmark

Default need opinion on my Tornister Affe backpack

need opinion on my Tornister Affe backpack, nice and lots of fur but is he original or not and dose someone have a picture of him in use
    he is marked warschau 1942 cant read the markersmark
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture need opinion on my Tornister Affe backpack   need opinion on my Tornister Affe backpack  

need opinion on my Tornister Affe backpack   need opinion on my Tornister Affe backpack  

need opinion on my Tornister Affe backpack   need opinion on my Tornister Affe backpack  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement need opinion on my Tornister Affe backpack
    P
    Many

Default Re: need opinion on my Tornister Affe backpack

Looks original to me, but i couldn't find a picture of it in use.
    Best Regards

Vegard T.
    -------------------------------
    Looking for militaria from HKB 31./977, HKB 32./977, HKB 38./977 or militaria related to Norway

good original,,,

Original, no question, Shame some-one has cut the straps off that connect to the D-ring at the bottom leaving only the cartrage case hooks at the front. they are also fitted upside down I think?

regards

Jock

Hello,
    The carrying straps of this M39 Tornister are saboted & wrongly positioned (as Jock mentioned), but it also lacks the leather tab on the front panel (meant to retain the lower part of the A-frame).
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Here's a pic for you

This was the closest I came to "Tornister in use" in my photo collection. . .
    (The Tornisters on this photo, packed for a long trip I would guess, being slightly over packed )

You have a nice Tornister (M1934 pack)

The "Tornister 34" was adopted in early November 1934... and in 1939, the new M1939 pack was introduced...
    The only big difference between the two is that the "M34" had the support straps, and the "M39" had two "D" rings,
    so that the pack could be fitted directly on to the support straps..
    Butt, the packs come in all sorts of variants, with differences (small) because of the different factories..
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture need opinion on my Tornister Affe backpack  

Quote by oksnevad_2 View Post
    The only big difference between the two is that the "M34" had the support straps, and the "M39" had two "D" rings
    Hello,
    This is incorrect. The Tornister that opened this thread is a saboted M39, not M34. The M39 Tornister was issued with small tabs/hook for the Y-straps, but it was also issued with carrying straps for troops that didn't have Y-straps. Not all german soldiers did have Y-straps, especially early in the war.
    Considering the features of the haversacks on the R.A.D. picture posted, those could be the M07/13 type
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :

1 is one of the D-rings meant to secure the top part of the A-frame.

2 is where should be the other D-ring...(the drawing is not a success i'm afraid)

3 is where should be the missing leather tab meant to secure the lower part of the A-frame...as seen on the photo from an Angolia's book posted by reneblacky
    Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images need opinion on my Tornister Affe backpack 

In Memoriam :