Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Need Opinions on Low Boots

Article about: Hi Everyone, I'm getting into reenacting and the last part of my kit that I need are my boots. I saw these originals up for sale for cheaper than most repros, but I know that many other coun

Default Need Opinions on Low Boots

Hi Everyone,
    I'm getting into reenacting and the last part of my kit that I need are my boots. I saw these originals up for sale for cheaper than most repros, but I know that many other countries used similar boots and I would like to know if these are genuine war-time German low boots and not another country's with markings added. I understand these are without hobnails and I would need to find those somewhere else.
    Thanks for your time.

Need Opinions on Low Boots

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Need Opinions on Low Boots
    P
    Many

Quote by Fallschirmjager1941 View Post
    I saw these originals up for sale for cheaper than most repros, but I know that many other countries used similar boots and I would like to know if these are genuine war-time German low boots and not another country's with markings added.

Hello,
    They are not original german regulation boots from the 1900-1945 era...
    The only regulation boots with a toes cap like this ever worn by the german soldier was the mixed italian/german boot produced from october/november 1943 in Northern Italy and some german factories, that has nothing in common with the boots shown here.
    If you ever find a pair of original german ankle boots or Marschstiefel, even if very cheap, dont use them for reenacting, there are plenty of look alike boots on the market, enough to avoid destroying some quite rare pieces of the history of the german army (IMO)...
    Those shown here remind me some american and postwar dutch examples seen in the past...
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Quote by JPhilip View Post
    Hello,
    They are not original german regulation boots from the 1900-1945 era...
    The only regulation boots with a toes cap like this ever worn by the german soldier was the mixed italian/german boot produced from october/november 1943 in Northern Italy and some german factories, that has nothing in common with the boots shown here.
    If you ever find a pair of original german ankle boots or Marschstiefel, even if very cheap, dont use them for reenacting, there are plenty of look alike boots on the market, enough to avoid destroying some quite rare pieces of the history of the german army (IMO)...
    Thanks
    Thank you for the help JPhilip! I will stay clear of these for sure. I will just save up for a good pair of repro ones, as to avoid ruining a pair of originals as you stated.

What kind of german soldier do you want to reenact ?

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :

What kind of german soldier do you want to reenact ?
    Late war volksgrenadier (1944 period)

what size are you in cm ?

In Memoriam :

what size are you in cm ?
    US size 12
    Cm: 30
    Euro 46

The boots you have posted I believe are Swedish Army. Probably WW2 era. Cheers.

too long....too bad...i have a pair of very realistic but unidentified ankle boots in brown leather with hobnails that could have been good for you, but they around 28,5 cm only...hey you have some big feet for a 15 yrs old dude...(Lol)

In Memoriam :

too long....too bad...i have a pair of very realistic but unidentified ankle boots in brown leather with hobnails that could have been good for you, but they around 28,5 cm only...hey you have some big feet for a 15 yrs old dude...(Lol)
    Darn. Thanks for checking though!