Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

New feldflasche 1936

Article about: My german water bottle finally arrived ! Everything is dated 1936 It is named Hope you like it

Quote by GreekMilitaria View Post
    can you show us the pictures?
    I think Harry's and yours scenario is legit
    I've just thumbed thru my refs and couldn't find that picture,but trust me...it was like that!Harry's opinion is also 100% legit!
    Mixing lids and cups wasn't that uncommon!A "matching" canteen would be more desireable and collectible but that doesn't mean that you've got to consign yours to the dust bin!
    Horrido

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New feldflasche 1936
    P
    Many

Thank you Horrido i wasnt planning on consigning it to the dust bin hehe :P i like it very much !!

Nice too see everything original on it Greek I have that red enanamled bottle dated 43 HRE but you see a lot of mismatched parts with field gear. Still good original one. timothy

Quote by Horrido View Post
    I've got a picture somewhere of at least 45 kochgeschirr lids neatly lined on a table waiting for the soldieres to have their lunch...and I SERIOUSLY doubt that EACH and EVERY lid went back on its original mess tin!
    Horrido
    Hi

I admit that things get damaged and replaced, but I don't know if you were in the military service, but I was always sure to get my own mess kit and field bottle.... We had to line them up too, but me and everone of my collegues were sure to get their own stuff.....

Tom

Quote by MP44tom View Post
    Hi

I admit that things get damaged and replaced, but I don't know if you were in the military service, but I was always sure to get my own mess kit and field bottle.... We had to line them up too, but me and everone of my collegues were sure to get their own stuff.....

Tom
    Hi Tom,
    that's EXACTLY what we did...what's the use of engraving/painting/labelling your equipment then?But in a hurry you don't have time to check if the rifle or the cup you're grabbing is your very piece!Of course,grabbing an MP40 when you've got ammo pouches for a carbine on your belt would send you straight into a Mr. Bean or Benny Hill's Show episode but a cup,a lid or even a helmet (if the size it's riht) wouldn't be too great an issue!
    You're a very advanced collector and I've been collecting these trhings myself for the klast 35 years and found a lot of "strange" things but while finding such a cup in a barn would be a 99,9% guarantee that it's been like that since the War,purchasing it at a show or from a dealer is a different matter altogether..it's a question of "faith" and a "matching" set would be much more collectable even if this set is so strange (and nice,I may add!) that I'd consider it a keeper...who knows...a shrapnel,fragment or bullet may have damaged the original bottle and the lucky soldier may have looked for a replacementr...or the other way round...the leather straps and cup may have sustained some damage or wear!Have you seen that WW2 German footage (a Wochenschau) featuring a WSS soldier showing his kochgeschirr body punched by a splinter?
    Horrido

Sure, it's a keeper allright

All I tried to point out what was originally with this kit, so no problems

Cheers
    Tom

Also one last thing the straps are field repaired !check this pictures
    New feldflasche 1936New feldflasche 1936

- - ------- - -

Quote by timothy View Post
    Nice too see everything original on it Greek I have that red enanamled bottle dated 43 HRE but you see a lot of mismatched parts with field gear. Still good original one. timothy
    thank you !

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2