Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

New find help!!

Article about: by pammy thanks steve,i realy thank you for everything,and no matter what i will hang on to them..luckly there was nothing at the aution i forgot my camera..there was one badge i posted it a

Default Re: New find help!!

Quote by pammy View Post
    They are original 100% for sure i need to preserve them some how or just leave them in the glass case,but the glass case is falling apart around the edge..I REALY NEED HELP ON THESE AS THESE ARE FRAGILE AS I WOULD LOVE SOME ADVISE ON TO HOW TO FRAM THEM SO THEY DO NOT GET DAMAGED,AS YOU CAN SEE IT THE PICTURE THEY WERE HUNG AS THE VET TOOK THEM OFF THE WALL YOU CAN SEE THE CORNERS WERE A BOLT OR NAIL WAS..YOU CAN ALSO SEE MORE CRAZING IN THE PAINT ON THE FIRST ONE AND WOULD LOVE A VOTE AS TO VALUE ,AND WITCH ONE TO KEEP THATS BETTER ...I LIKE THE BROWN ONE WITH THE LUFT EAGLE,BUT WANT TO KEEP THE ONE THATS WORTH MORE AND IN YEARS TO COME WOULD/COULD GO UP IN PRICE LIKE EVERYTHING..THANKS GUYS YOU ARE ALL GREAT!!

Keep them both Pammy !

Regards, Steve.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New find help!!
    P
    Many

?

wish i could steve one will go just dont know witch one yet..here is how i have them for now.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New find help!!   New find help!!  

Nice items. Something I had not seen before.

Cheers, Ade.

?

thanks Ade ,i was hoping someone else has a picture of one in a bunker of have one close to these..thanks everyone this is one of those things there are not to many of as its a miracle they survived this long i guess the butterfly case saved them as the case is as old as these are or almost because you can realy tell the case is falling apart on the corners and had to tap the case to make it better.they both came in the same case,but now i have plit them up leaveing the one i like better ,witch is the brown luft back in the original case were it liyed dorment for this many years!the other is in a framed glass picture frame,,not the right size as its a bit big for it,but until i find one that fits it will have to do..thanks ...pammy

I would keep the Luftwaffe one Pammy, it's a fine looking thing. As for preserving it, I make picture frames for a living and any decent picture framer would do you a nice frame which wouldn't damage the item at all !

?

Pammy, i would be sorely tempted to keep both, they are not common items as most fragile militaria like these just dont survive over the years, it would be a great shame to seperate them now, and the value can only increase over the coming years where i would imagine that they will become highly sought after, i dont think you will find another pair like this in the future.

?

thank you jim and dave,i think i might get them framed and as there would be a hard to put a price on since there may not be another pair ?but iam sure there is someone out there with that vet bring back simalar to mine?well thanks and i will keep them for now anyway,the vet but the tinnie on it and he said he used a white sticky peice so i guess you could never remove the tinnie with out damage.he said he took the luft of a communication bunker after they were taking suviners he said he had the same flag in silk as he has no idea what happened to it..well at least these are something different and the luft looks great on top of my small collection..i need to learn how to spell sorry guys..i would love to get the vet to right me something up abought these as i think that would be great for history.they might me hand painted,not sure as the writting seams to be..so its art and military in one.thanks again and if anyone could guess a price on one of these for insurance and incase i have to sell one please give an opinion,as i would not want to lose to much...pammy

Quote by Isle of Wighter View Post
    I would keep the Luftwaffe one Pammy, it's a fine looking thing. As for preserving it, I make picture frames for a living and any decent picture framer would do you a nice frame which wouldn't damage the item at all !
    Keep the 'Luftwaffe' (brown one) if you must sell one, because this is the
    most recognised. They are both very rare, as I have never seen these
    anywhere before either, except for Luftwaffe flags - which look
    just like the tinnie.............

Because no one has really seen anything like this, that would mean they are
    probably quite valuable, and you should make decent money by
    selling just one !

I still say hang on to both !

Regards, Steve.
    Last edited by Walkwolf; 05-06-2010 at 11:47 PM.

Actually, they are both Luftwaffe standards. The green one, although it has Police origins, later became the Hermann Goring Regt.

Cheers, Ade.

?

thanks guys,i will just keep them unless i get an offer i can not refuse!thanks so much i do love the luft one and think they would look better in a nice wood /glass frame..i mean would not know were to start on price if i did?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast