Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

New A-frame (Wirtschaftsamt Litzmannstadt)

Article about: Hi I received this one today and wanted to share it with you This A-frame is made in the Ghetto of Litzmannstadt (Łódź in Poland) It is known that pieces of equipment were made her

Default New A-frame (Wirtschaftsamt Litzmannstadt)

Hi

I received this one today and wanted to share it with you

This A-frame is made in the Ghetto of Litzmannstadt (Łódź in Poland)

It is known that pieces of equipment were made here with the help of captured British webbing

and... it perfectly fits my Litzmannstadt pair of Y-Straps

And the maker mark (somewhat unclear, but if you know what it is, not difficult to tell)

Tom

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New A-frame (Wirtschaftsamt Litzmannstadt)
    P
    Many

Hello Tom,
    Nice score here....
    This example is very nice. Those multi material and colors equipments are quite interesting and as usual the workmanship is below usual standards and this is what makes this kind of items desirable as opposed to a "normal production"...
    You got a nice piece of fieldgear here and if i remember well you also own the example made from Feldbluse internal straps. Congrats and thanks for showing...
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Bonjour JP

Yes, it makes the total score on A-frames 8 now... (I remember when I thought to myself, if I only had one original A-frame, hahahaha)

It goes on the stack with these :

Tom

Hallo Tom,
    that's indeed a nice family photo...
    I also remember the time many years ago when i was dreaming to get one of them...
    Where are the equipment aficionados...come one guys you wont see one like this every day...
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

The material reminds me of that bread bag I posted last month - some kind of stock being re-purposed. Was British webbing this kind of tan or was it greener originally? If you ever get to the point of having too many of these remember I need one! : ) NH

Very nice example Tom. Good to see the family growing

Steve!

Very nice example, and the fact that was made in Litzmannstadt Ghetto... ! I come from the Lodz area, one could find something intesting, years ago. I remember the case when a large bag of unissued ammo pouches for MP40 (dark blue) and StG (olive green) was found in early 90's (not by me unfortunatelly) - they were sold out in a flash.

As regards use of the captured British webbing - I saw latewar WH breadbag totally made out of this. It was available for me, as I could purchase this in one of military antiques shops in Cracow 20 years ago, but I was looking for standard M31 breadbag then. I was so stupid...