Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

New Gas mask/Canister with name and Feldpost Number

Article about: Well its been a very exciting day here. I have owned 2 German gas masks and cans before this set but this one certainly takes the cake. Today I met up with Dave (Sandgroper) from the forum t

Default New Gas mask/Canister with name and Feldpost Number

Well its been a very exciting day here. I have owned 2 German gas masks and cans before this set but this one certainly takes the cake.

Today I met up with Dave (Sandgroper) from the forum to do a trade and this was part of it. Its a complete set with carry straps, spare lenses,cleaning cloth and spring as well as the mask itself. The best part is its named and has a feldpost number. It has been posted on the forum before but the number on the paper tag has been damaged over time. While looking over it this arvo I found the number has also been painted under the paint and clearly visible, so..

Uffz H.Prelß L.37019 - Flak Regiment 30
    The can has been issued in standard green, where the Feldpost number has been painted on as well as 153 on the top of the can. After that its been repainted in Luftwaffe blue (matches my helmet and buckle perfectly) and issued as can 435. After that a quick, patchy job of spring green colour has been added quite thickly to the outside, leaving runs in places. The staps are dated 1940, spare lenses 1939/40 (4 sets) and the can itself is dated 1940.

Reading up online it looks like Flak Regiment 30 (mobile) was formed in Eifel in 1939/40 and went through the battle of France to remain in Cherbourg for the rest of the war. Also looks like elements of the regiment were based around Ste. Mere Eglise during 5/6th June 1944. Regiment was destroyed July 1944.

Extreamly happy with having this in my collection and it will not be going anywhere.

Thanks again Dave!
    New Gas mask/Canister with name and Feldpost NumberNew Gas mask/Canister with name and Feldpost NumberNew Gas mask/Canister with name and Feldpost NumberNew Gas mask/Canister with name and Feldpost NumberNew Gas mask/Canister with name and Feldpost NumberNew Gas mask/Canister with name and Feldpost NumberNew Gas mask/Canister with name and Feldpost Number

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New Gas mask/Canister with name and Feldpost Number
    P
    Many

?

Default re: New Gas mask/Canister with name and Feldpost Number

Very nice....named and unit marked peices are the best

Default Re: New Gas mask/Canister with name and Feldpost Number

A great piece to have on any collection.
    Congrats.
    Cheers.
    Nuno

No worries Jase, I'm glad you like it mate. I had my doubts about it as you know but I have been reading some of the old posts written by the bloke that said he had refurbished the gasmask and can and not only has he been banned from the forum but he seems to have been somewhat of a trouble maker judging by his threads and posts. I always like that gasmask until he planted the seeds of doubt in my mind. Anyway it has gone to a good home and I am very happy with the transitional heer helmet with the great decal that I received in return. Thanks Jase,

Davo.

Thanks for taking the time to comment guys, it's much appreciated.

Once again thanks Dave. Very very happy with this one mate. Now I just need a matching helmet ....

Hello,
    Nice example of Gasmask set. The bonus being the FE42 filter, less common than the others (FE37 and FE41).
    Good luck for your quest of a matching helmet...
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Killer gas mask !I have one named and FP-numbered to a Flak artillerist stationed in or near Paris....gonna post pictures of it soon!
    Thanks for sharing!

Thanks Horrido, your mask sounds good, can't wait to see it.

Jason

Took some new pics of this one since I had it out again with the helmet for photos. I reckon these one show the colour more

Cheers
    Jason
    New Gas mask/Canister with name and Feldpost NumberNew Gas mask/Canister with name and Feldpost NumberNew Gas mask/Canister with name and Feldpost NumberNew Gas mask/Canister with name and Feldpost NumberNew Gas mask/Canister with name and Feldpost NumberNew Gas mask/Canister with name and Feldpost NumberNew Gas mask/Canister with name and Feldpost NumberNew Gas mask/Canister with name and Feldpost NumberNew Gas mask/Canister with name and Feldpost NumberNew Gas mask/Canister with name and Feldpost NumberNew Gas mask/Canister with name and Feldpost NumberNew Gas mask/Canister with name and Feldpost Number

I forgot to add, anyone that hasn't seen the helmet I am referring to, here is the link
    https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/steel...helmet-189116/