Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

new gask mask and canister - opinions please

Article about: by kozowy1967 I think you are correct Gunny I have been comparing it to images of the Reichswehr/Wehrmacht model cases from (1930-1935 ) and this particular can has some oddities the tabs fo

Default new gask mask and canister - opinions please

Hello

Just taken delivery of a gasmask and canister that I bought from a chap in Germany - cost 35E plus postage which I thought was pretty good.

The canister looks in great original condition, manufactured by Draeger and named to Lotte Schneider, has all straps and the spare lenses in the lid. The mask itself is again in great condition. The filter is dated 1938 and still has the Draeger paper label,

It looks nice and original/unmessed with to me but any thoughts/opinions welcome

new gask mask and canister - opinions pleasenew gask mask and canister - opinions pleasenew gask mask and canister - opinions pleasenew gask mask and canister - opinions please

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement new gask mask and canister - opinions please
    P
    Many

Default Re: new gask mask and canister - opinions please

Well done, you certainly got a good deal!
    cheers, Glenn

Great set for a steal of a price! I paid much more for mine. You did very well.

Having the taller lid and the way it fastens the canister looks like a Reichswehr item, but i'm not sure about it being eliptical.

Think it's a put together set? I think I have seen TR canisters with those same tall lids.

Quote by helmetone View Post
    Think it's a put together set? I think I have seen TR canisters with those same tall lids.
    I'm just confused with it being eliptical!...

Hi

I believe this is the gas tin introduced in 1930. The gas mask is certainly the m30 version with rubberised cloth face surround. The difference in tins is that the later ones were slightly taller at 27.5cm. If you measure yours oh err missus, it may well be 25cm long !

Looks like ot belonged to Lotte ? maybe issued to luftschutz helper or flak helper......

hope that helps

cheers

tony

I think it is a Luftschutz GM. It's written on the paper of the filter I think. Interesting the UB marking. Perhaps a woman Lotte?

Some of mines of the Army

?

I think you are correct Gunny I have been comparing it to images of the Reichswehr/Wehrmacht model cases from (1930-1935 ) and this particular can has some oddities the tabs for attaching the carry straps through should be rounded not flat, there as well should be horizontal beading above and below the vertical lines in the canister there should be a tab/eye on the middle of the can the upper closing latch does not look correct either for the model that was produced in 1935 I may be off base here but IMO it is not a model that was produced for the Wehrmacht and or Reichswehr.

Regards Mark K

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast