Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

New gasmask set pick-up...

Article about: Hi Guys! I've been "neglecting" my WW2 collection lately - with all that cold war stuff I've been getting into - but I'm making a "comeback"... I just picked up this gasm

?

Default New gasmask set pick-up...

Hi Guys!

I've been "neglecting" my WW2 collection lately - with all that cold war stuff I've been getting into - but I'm making a "comeback"...

I just picked up this gasmask set... (my third set in my collection), see seller's pics.

I think is pretty good, with (if I'm right) original straps, not the usual BW straps...

Price was also good; 60 EU! When arrives, I'll make pics.

Cheers,
    Fabe

New gasmask set pick-up...New gasmask set pick-up...New gasmask set pick-up...New gasmask set pick-up...New gasmask set pick-up...New gasmask set pick-up...New gasmask set pick-up...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New gasmask set pick-up...
    P
    Many

?

Looks like it used to belong to: Obgfr. Hugo Sonnefeld

hi
    nice original one... and the cannister belonged to.... i dont see marks on the mask

and indeed, nice original straps !!! these alone are worth the money

Tom

?

THX Tom - you're right of course; only the cannister seems personalized...

Quote by MP44tom View Post
    hi
    nice original one... and the cannister belonged to.... i dont see marks on the mask

and indeed, nice original straps !!! these alone are worth the money

Tom

Nice GM set good price at that. timothy

v/nice one.

?

update:

The set arrived today - first impression: as opening the can; strong "rubber smell" - always a good sign!
    Both mask - which is in very good, new-like condition - and can is dated 1944. Also the replacment lens are dated 1944.
    I tend to think, that this mask/can was not "put together"... just by the rubber-smell and matching dates.

Straps are original (same material, color/ageing as the short strap installed on the can) - some minor artfc. rust on the top of the can - otherwise great!

Best 60 EU I've spent! Now I'll need a cleaning cloth and spring - and this baby will be complete.

Just took some quick pics...in the first pic, the new set is on the left side.

Cheers,
    Fabe

PS: I know, I know...I still need straps, cloth, and "tropical" mask would be nice for the camo can in the middle...

New gasmask set pick-up...New gasmask set pick-up...New gasmask set pick-up...New gasmask set pick-up...New gasmask set pick-up...New gasmask set pick-up...

I want that TAN one! Honestly, would you trade it for another gas mask set with dark grey period overpaint?

Quote by DTVPKING View Post
    I want that TAN one! Honestly, would you trade it for another gas mask set with dark grey period overpaint?
    I think everybody would want that

No seriously, the prices have gone mad for these tan masks, and they do show up from time to time.... al you have to do is not buy from dealers (because they ask ridiculous prices in my opinion) and wait until you find one....

And Fabe, you do need straps for that one ,

Cheers
    Tom

?

I agree with Tom!
    You need lots of luck and patience...
    Like this 60 EU set, finding it was pure luck...the seller probably had no clue about the value of an original strap, etc...
    and btw., since the 3 years I've been collecting, I've never bought anything from a "Dealer".

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast