Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

New piece of gear - 1943 maker marked Zeltbahn

Article about: Hey guys, nothing too interesting, but just wanted to share a new piece of kit/gear, Maker marked 1943 Zelt that I got today. Planning on using it for a display as a poncho. It is a 43 piece

?

Default Re: New piece of gear - 1943 maker marked Zeltbahn

I agree Rene, Tims buttons don't seem to be Bakelite. Bakelite looks/feels like a plastic. The scratches on the buttons make it look to be a metal (aluminum) underneath the brown coating.

I'm Not saying Tim's is, but the site below speaks about the 4-holed buttons to be Italian stock...1943+, made of steel. Again, Not saying Tim's is at all, just sharing something I found on the different variants that could be helpful. Like Rene said, a full spread shot would be good.
    Thanks for posting yours too Tim.

here is the site I read about the variants/etc
    MP44.nl - German Uniforms and Equipment -* Zeltbahn 31

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New piece of gear - 1943 maker marked Zeltbahn
    P
    Many

Default Re: New piece of gear - 1943 maker marked Zeltbahn

Yes Grommets are like the other one I have I guess zinc color or so. Yes I reexamined these buttons metal of some sort guy on another forum said they were Italian made ones used by Germans. Just been painted brown and I guess that was what I thought about bakelite. Lebus said late war if bakelite that is the same said on other forum. Positive it is a German made one. timothy

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3