Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

NSKK Ink Stamp for numbering

Article about: This arrived today. Very Heavy Solid construction. Solid Brass handle- all metal construction weight-695 Grams Height 155mm width-60mm wide 7 spaces number symbol only very little ink on it.

Default NSKK Ink Stamp for numbering

This arrived today.
    Very Heavy Solid construction. Solid Brass handle- all metal construction

weight-695 Grams
    Height 155mm
    width-60mm wide

7 spaces
    number symbol only

very little ink on it. stamped it several times on paper for an example

Picked it up as I thought it was rather interesting

Your thoughts please gentleman

NSKK Ink Stamp for numberingNSKK Ink Stamp for numberingNSKK Ink Stamp for numberingNSKK Ink Stamp for numberingNSKK Ink Stamp for numberingNSKK Ink Stamp for numberingNSKK Ink Stamp for numberingNSKK Ink Stamp for numberingNSKK Ink Stamp for numberingNSKK Ink Stamp for numberingNSKK Ink Stamp for numberingHi Guy,
    thanks in advanceNSKK Ink Stamp for numberingNSKK Ink Stamp for numberingNSKK Ink Stamp for numberingNSKK Ink Stamp for numberingNSKK Ink Stamp for numberingNSKK Ink Stamp for numberingNSKK Ink Stamp for numberingNSKK Ink Stamp for numberingNSKK Ink Stamp for numberingNSKK Ink Stamp for numbering

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement NSKK Ink Stamp for numbering
    P
    Many

?

Where in the world did you find this contraption ??
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

I have to say that, unfortunately, my initial impression is not too favorable. The "KIN" marking looks legitimate, but the NSKK looks to my eyes to have been added fairly recently. I could be wrong, of course, but it doesn't have an authentic look to it.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Cool Stamp / Numberer. I am part of the printing industry / promotional products world so I love pieces like this. Have no doubt it is from the 1920s to 1940's as it looks like Battleship / Uboat Type Steel materials made that puppy. I know the NSKK always seems on every piece of militaria I have seen to have a laurel wreath around it being clutched by eagle's talons. It seems to be odd with a single circle around Swaz. I do like the KIN Cog Stamp logo on there. Also placement on NSKK stamp is in odd place to me. Seems they would have centered it left to right and made smaller as German's seemed particular on placement. Who knows but I have doubts.
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

I would tend to agree with William.

As for why a stamp should be forged: Well, the market and the profit margins for old stamps are not huge (and to be honest, collecting them doesn't seem particularly fascinating even to an old bureaucrat like me), but people will buy anything with a "Nazi" logo on it.

By the way, in the unlikely case anybody was wondering how such as a thingie would be called in German: That's a Ziffernbänderstempel.

?

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    I would tend to agree with William.

As for why a stamp should be forged: Well, the market and the profit margins for old stamps are not huge (and to be honest, collecting them doesn't seem particularly fascinating even to an old bureaucrat like me), but people will buy anything with a "Nazi" logo on it.

By the way, in the unlikely case anybody was wondering how such as a thingie would be called in German: That's a Ziffernbänderstempel.
    You are our Google Translate and Enigma Code Breaker! Thanks!
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

Well! Of Course, you would call it a Ziffernbänderstempel! What else Would you call it? NSKK men used to carry them in their tunic pockets-the ones right by their Tieffliegervernichtungsabzeichen award loops....or on Rare occasions (if they had qualified for one) behind their Gemeinsames Flugzeugfuhrer-Beobachter Abzeichen badges....

(Okey...I'm sitting back down again...)
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

This numbering machine should have an Ink pad that swivels in and out of the way prior to stamping an item..which is made for paper only. I had one of these years ago..and the construction have to agree also is from the 40s. I did not have one marked with a NSKK logo but the construction is identical..and the stamper I had ...retained a wooden knob handle. Defintely old..and worth keeping.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Thanks Guys,
    it does have a stamp pad which swivels out of the way prior to stamping., which is has nearly no ink left in it. its the wide metal piece below the numbers who you can see when the stamp is not depressed.since I can use it from #0000000 to 9999999 as a stamp that advances its number with every stamp I have a better way to label and tag items in my collection, once it re-ink it great too around my office as no one can read my handwriting.

I must agree with all of my colleagues who doubt this has any connection to the NSKK. This was my immediate impression upon seeing the pictures. Sorry.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast