Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Odd Bayer Knife with Triangular Middle Blade

Article about: I don't know if this the correct place to post this, but here goes anyway, if the Mods feel a need to move it to a better place, please do I bought this Odd Folding knife with weekend, I hav

?

Default Odd Bayer Knife with Triangular Middle Blade

I don't know if this the correct place to post this, but here goes anyway, if the Mods feel a need to move it to a better place, please do

I bought this Odd Folding knife with weekend, I have looked through lists of both Bayer and the makers knives, I can find nothing like it.
    The middle blade is triangular ( in 3D so to speak), and the small blade looks like it is for cutting, not opening a can

Has anyone seen one of these or know what it was used for? It looks purpose made to me, Also any idea of the date?

Thank you guys

Dean O
    Canada

Odd Bayer Knife with Triangular Middle BladeOdd Bayer Knife with Triangular Middle BladeOdd Bayer Knife with Triangular Middle BladeOdd Bayer Knife with Triangular Middle BladeOdd Bayer Knife with Triangular Middle BladeOdd Bayer Knife with Triangular Middle Blade

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Odd Bayer Knife with Triangular Middle Blade
    P
    Many

The triangle blade is a leather punch. This knife is I suspect a German version of a stockmans knife. Typical farm knife. Main blade for castrating and general cutting, the little hawkbill for skinning, and then the leather punch if needed.

?

Thank you, still seems odd that one knife would have more than one use, I am not in dought about what you say, however I would have thought this was made for a single use

Also, I see this is your first post n this forum...Welcome to the forum

In what Country are you located?

Dean O
    Canada

Located in the US! I think this knife does have that single use function in mind. I would think of this as a simple multi tool. The first knife I ever owed was a very similar knife that my grandfather had gotten in the 1920s. It lacked a hawk bill, instead has a sheep's foot blade. The leather punch would have come in quite handy when you had a lot of harnesses and general tack that might need adjusting.

Hope this helps. Thank you.

I really like the knife! I am sure knives like this were carried on every front as a great handy little knife.

?

Thank you Very Much!!!!

Dean