Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Operation Barbarossa cosplay

Article about: Operation Barbarossa cosplay I think the Chinese people are not suitable for wearing German uniforms Looks too small : )

Default Operation Barbarossa cosplay

I think the Chinese people are not suitable for wearing German uniforms
    Looks too small
    : )

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Operation Barbarossa cosplay
    P
    Many

Just out of curiosity, is the blanket correct? I've seen several different kinds-grey with a black edge stripe and I've seen the one shown here as well, etc. But then again, I've got a solid grey blanket that I got from a German soldier years ago. Just what,exactly, Did the German army blankets actually look like? All I know is that they were made of coarse wool(and that's coarse with a capitol "C"!) I was always told, if it Didn't run your skin off like sand paper, then it wasn't an authentic WWII issue blanket!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Hello,
    Nice try even if there are a few mistakes with your set up. The blanket, which IMO is a hospital example, looks well rolled but it's too long, it shouldn't go so low under the A-frame. At this time (Barbarossa) shirts were white, they had no collar and no breast pockets. The Feldmütze 34/35 should have a branch coloured soutache and the helmet shouldn't have a camouflaged cover. A little advice, when you take photos carrying a MG ammo box, put some weight inside as if there were ammo in it, it looks more natural when in hands...
    Thanks for sharing your set up with us, again nice try...
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    Just out of curiosity, is the blanket correct? I've seen several different kinds-grey with a black edge stripe and I've seen the one shown here as well, etc. But then again, I've got a solid grey blanket that I got from a German soldier years ago. Just what,exactly, Did the German army blankets actually look like? All I know is that they were made of coarse wool(and that's coarse with a capitol "C"!) I was always told, if it Didn't run your skin off like sand paper, then it wasn't an authentic WWII issue blanket!

Hello,
    My army blankets are thick and grey with two coloured stripes, one blue, one red.
    my Polizei blankets are thick and grey with dark blue (or black don't remember) stripes (and the word Polizei, + date)
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)