Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Opinion about German Gas Mask & Cannister

Article about: Hi, what do you think about this gasmask and cannister? Would it be suitable for my 12th SS Hitlerjugend Impression in Normandy? I would like to have at least one original item in it! This o

?

Default Opinion about German Gas Mask & Cannister

Hi, what do you think about this gasmask and cannister? Would it be suitable for my 12th SS Hitlerjugend Impression in Normandy? I would like to have at least one original item in it!
    This one looks quite cheap even cheaper than repro cannisters.

So here are the pics:
    Opinion about German Gas Mask & CannisterOpinion about German Gas Mask & CannisterOpinion about German Gas Mask & Cannister

Thanks for helping!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Opinion about German Gas Mask & Cannister
    P
    Many

Default Re: Opinion about German Gas Mask & Cannister

i see no alarm bells here...

?

Cannister looks ok, similar to my original, gas mask filter looks Army issue and nicely stamped. I am not 100% on the mask, the metal rims around the eyes look different to mine, but that doesnt mean it is incorrect. Is there any stamps on the inside of the mask? See if you can get pics of the inside stamping

Quote by qotd View Post
    Cannister looks ok, similar to my original, gas mask filter looks Army issue and nicely stamped. I am not 100% on the mask, the metal rims around the eyes look different to mine, but that doesnt mean it is incorrect. Is there any stamps on the inside of the mask? See if you can get pics of the inside stamping
    Its a good BMW mask,if im not mistaken thats why the metal rims are a bit diferent than yours, the nose of the mask should also be blue as the eyes, but the paint seems to have been removed.
    Take a look at mine for comparison.
    Cheers.
    Nuno
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Opinion about German Gas Mask & Cannister   Opinion about German Gas Mask & Cannister  

Opinion about German Gas Mask & Cannister   Opinion about German Gas Mask & Cannister  

your BMW is not the BMW (Bayerische Motoren Werke) you are thinking about - it is maker code - bmw - Aluminiumwerke Nuernberg GmbH, Nuernberg. It was no the only maker of parts for M38 gasmasks so the blue paint not mean that is the same maker. blue paint means that all parts painted that way are ferromagnetics (made of iron).

all - canister and gasmask are period original. this way of making of canisters and gasmask begins in 1943 so it would be very good piece for Normandy.

?

Quote by Litzmannstadt View Post
    your BMW is not the BMW (Bayerische Motoren Werke) you are thinking about - it is maker code - bmw - Aluminiumwerke Nuernberg GmbH, Nuernberg. It was no the only maker of parts for M38 gasmasks so the blue paint not mean that is the same maker. blue paint means that all parts painted that way are ferromagnetics (made of iron).

all - canister and gasmask are period original. this way of making of canisters and gasmask begins in 1943 so it would be very good piece for Normandy.
    That's great news, thank you so much!

Quote by Litzmannstadt View Post
    blue paint means that all parts painted that way are ferromagnetics (made of iron).
    Hello,
    The blue paint does not means that ALL painted parts are magnetics. It means that the mask includes some magnetics parts not suitable for compass users, but not necessarily that all painted parts are magnetic. I do own and i have seen numerous masks that have only one part magnetic, but all the other parts were also painted blue...
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Quote by JPhilip View Post
    Hello,
    The blue paint does not means that ALL painted parts are magnetics. It means that the mask includes some magnetics parts not suitable for compass users, but not necessarily that all painted parts are magnetic. I do own and i have seen numerous masks that have only one part magnetic, but all the other parts were also painted blue...
    Thanks
    You are right I didn't know how to express it so wrote in easier way. I seen gasmask with zink and steel parts painted blue.