Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

opinions on my A-frame please.

Article about: hi, I have just joined the forum and glad I found it has allot of useful information, I have had this A frame for about 10 years but have never really known if it was a real one or not what

Default opinions on my A-frame please.

hi, I have just joined the forum and glad I found it has allot of useful information, I have had this A frame for about 10 years but have never really known if it was a real one or not what do you guys think. I don't want to mislead anyone by saying its a real one or not and would rather have your expert opinion.

thanks

https://flic.kr/p/zjNDU4
    https://flic.kr/p/ymVBKQ
    https://flic.kr/p/ymVvCj
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture opinions on my A-frame please.   opinions on my A-frame please.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement opinions on my A-frame please.
    P
    Many

Looks like a good one, made from the internal web straps, that were used on the M36 uniforms (before the Y straps were introduced....)

It does look like the hooks are repainted, and the straps could be replaced (not saying that they are for sure, but I see re stitching where the straps for the"Zelt" go through the lower part of the frame....

Pictures are not particularly sharp.....

here pictures of my "internal straps" A-frame

Tom

Hi, and welcome to the forum!

I agree, an Original one.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

thanks allot,

I never even knew the top straps where tunic internal straps I always wondered why the holes are in there and never twigged its for the hooks to go through. where they used when material was short at the end of the war or just to use spare parts up ?

I picked up this Breadbag not too long ago that has the same type of strapping attached.
    I couldn't quite figure out what it was until now, thanks to you guys...
    I believe that Original A-Frames have always been scarce & highly sought-after...
    cheers, Glenn
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture opinions on my A-frame please.   opinions on my A-frame please.  

opinions on my A-frame please.