Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Original fork-spoon?

Article about: Friends, I just paid \\$16 on Ebay, and think I may have paid \\$16 too much. German? Finnish? Fake "G.R.E. 42" stamp? Or am I feeling lucky today...? Aluminum, as it's light. Thoughts

Default Original fork-spoon?

Friends,
    I just paid $16 on Ebay, and think I may have paid $16 too much. German? Finnish? Fake "G.R.E. 42" stamp? Or am I feeling lucky today...? Aluminum, as it's light. Thoughts please. If it's an obvious fake, then try not to laugh too hard!!!
    John
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Original fork-spoon?   Original fork-spoon?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Original fork-spoon?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Original fork-spoon?

The GNL 42 stamp appears like it's been recently added. The tines of this spork are awfully shiny for 71 year old aluminum. Sorry, but I'm not feeling too great about this one.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

If it is unissued then shiny alloy is not a problem.......... I wouldn't right it off just yet.
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

I'm adding a close up (as much as my camera will allow) of the stamp. All others I have seen have the stamp running lengthways, but this goes across. Also, the overall shape of the handle is quite different from the others I have seen. Is this shape a known German Original fork-spoon?Original fork-spoon?variant?

True that, but the unusual areas of corrosion look suspiciously like it's been deliberately pre-aged. I'm guessing possibly a modern era issued piece? The "ice cream" shaped handle also is not inspiring much confidence. Have you seen pieces shaped like this,Dan? And did GNL issue pieces in 1942 Without the Eagle above it? Most all I've ever seen are straight. It seems oddly short and stubbier than usual also.
    William

I hope that when Wagriff says "oddly short and stubbier than usual" he is talking about the fork-spoon. A better description of me would be "oddly tall and more gullible than usual."

Looks like a fine'Göffel'.
    Original fork-spoon?

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

Hello John, From the example shown by Eric, it looks to be a possible good one afterall! Congrats! I've never seen one exactly like it and I don't imagine that from it's shape that it was too desirable for the average Soldat, but if it's original, than what's the difference, hey? I'm still not in love with the shininess of it along with the corroded spots, but stranger things have come to light! Looks like your 16 bucks ended up being well spent!
    William

Looks like you got a bargain John !

cheers

Tony

Bloody hard to believe, isn't it, Tony? Hope you are well, mate.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast