Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Original German canteen cup?

Article about: Not to sure on this one guys. No date just marked "PPrBlr". not sure if original or repro.

Default Original German canteen cup?

Not to sure on this one guys. No date just marked "PPrBlr". not sure if original or repro. Original German canteen cup?Original German canteen cup?Original German canteen cup?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Original German canteen cup?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Original German canteen cup?

Original but post war. It has painted to look WWII. NH

Not sure what you mean by the 'original' bit?

The original bit? A real factory produced canteen cup - not a reproduction. I will let others chime in but these cups showed up on post war canteens. The examples I have seen had blue cloth covers. With the exception of a few minor details they look exactly like the WWII type. So technically they are original canteens produced for use by military, para-military or police units in Germany - post World War II. NH

Fred Green
    ?

Hello,

This is a postwar canteen cup from the Berlin police battalion(PPrBlt) that has been repainted to appear to look like a WWII version.

Fred

?

I believe that the original paint on this is a blue or grey color as said post war

Fred Green
    ?

hello,

The straps were black, the cups were blue and the body cover was blue wool. These were released at the same time as the blue breadbags with straps and some other gear that came from the German police battalion in Berlin.

Fred

Hello,
    To conclude, i would say that this blue cover is sometimes offered as a wartime Luftwaffe cover...
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)