MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Original LW Y-Riemen?

Article about: I bought these Y straps recently, they were advertised as original WWII Luftwaffe Y Straps, and for 20€ one really can't complain, I'm rather certain they were used post war, hence the price

Default Original LW Y-Riemen?

I bought these Y straps recently, they were advertised as original WWII Luftwaffe Y Straps, and for 20€ one really can't complain, I'm rather certain they were used post war, hence the price, and that the leather flap in the middle of the "Y" is Czechoslovakian and that the rear part appears to have been resewn, but my main question is about the second flap at the front parts of the Riemen, as on most originals I've seen they have a buckle-type thing and a D-Ring at the end, whilst on this, there is a roller buckle and a Tornister/A-Rahmen hook, was this the case with wartime made ones too, as it seems to have been like that at least a long time, because the rivet that holds it on looks like it was factory-done like that. According to the RBNr. it was made in the Stuttgart area, I have a couple of these and all have original stamps. I'm certain these aren't repro because of the price, but is the metal hardware in this configuration correct? The parts are original, so much is for sure, one hook is OLC marked and the others have markings too.
    I plan to use this for reenactment, and given they are cheaper than repro I'd think they are the best to get, since I've looked closely at pictures in the album of my grandfather, Brandenburg-Regiment FJs did not use the lightweight LW Y-Riemen, but normal ones.
    Any thoughts and opinions very much appreciated!
    Luis
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Original LW Y-Riemen?   Original LW Y-Riemen?  

Original LW Y-Riemen?   Original LW Y-Riemen?  

Original LW Y-Riemen?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Original LW Y-Riemen?
    P
    Many