Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Original Reichsarbeitsdienst tornister?

Article about: Not as "good looking" as members Gwar and Rossi`s examples, but what is the issue with that big, bluish patch (not sure about the right English word to use)? Not seen that on other

Default Original Reichsarbeitsdienst tornister?

Not as "good looking" as members Gwar and Rossi`s examples, but what is the issue with that big, bluish patch (not sure about the right English word to use)? Not seen that on other backpacks.
    Stig
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Original Reichsarbeitsdienst tornister?   Original Reichsarbeitsdienst tornister?  

Original Reichsarbeitsdienst tornister?   Original Reichsarbeitsdienst tornister?  

Original Reichsarbeitsdienst tornister?   Original Reichsarbeitsdienst tornister?  

Original Reichsarbeitsdienst tornister?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Original Reichsarbeitsdienst tornister?
    P
    Many

Hello,
    Yes it is a Tornister 07/13 for the RAD. Produced in 1937 and accepted within the RAD in September 1937.
    You have a nice name tag and even the Gau number stamp
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Thank you, JP.
    Stig

?

Hello Stig, I was doing some research on Tornisters today and just saw this thread so forgive the late addition. Produced by L Stromeyer & Co, Konstanz
    The blue square is a patch in my opinion with the piece of small leather that holds the strap going through to keep the inner flaps drawn when in use, the patch was probably done when the material around the leather may have been ripped or torn at some point. The Arbeitsmann was in the Gau XXIX Bayern-Ostmark, 2/294 could have been Furth ( Niederbayern ) or Aholffing ( Puchof ) according to my records and no honor mane was mentioned. Overall a very nice addition to any collection.. G
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Original Reichsarbeitsdienst tornister?  
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "