Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Is this an original ww2 "feldflasche"?

Article about: Alles Gutt

Default Re: Is this an original ww2 "feldflasche"?

Alles Gutt

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Is this an original ww2 "feldflasche"?
    P
    Many

Everything is fine.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

very nice - good start to field gear collection :-)

Thanks...

Just a small correction.... the letters are not 3 letter codes, but simply abreviations of the makers....

f.i.
    H.R.E. : Heinrich Ritter, Esslingen

But like I already stated on the WAF : original canteen, only a "put together" one

Tom
    MP44.nl - Welcome to my Website

As Tom already pointed out: HRE stands for Ritter. And you are proud owner of original all-original parts, but the combo itself is put together of them at some point of time, most possibly during the decades closer to our days than to WWII.

Quote by partisan View Post
    These are this mark on the canteen: HRE 37 - H.W.M. 35 - WAL 39 is it ok?
    Hello,
    In my opinion, it is not so OK for this canteen i'm afraid. Yes, it is a WWII german military canteen, but as Tom has already mentioned it, it's completly put together item...that's why i asked my question earlier....I know that some mixing in components is always possible during wartime or even postwar, but FOUR makers for a single canteen, that's a bit too much for me....Three makers HRE, HWM and WAL (canteen, cup and cover) and if i'm not mistaking a fourth maker for the carrying leather straps as the retaining hook is made of painted steel, which appeared in 1940....the retaining hook should be made of aluminium for a prewar canteen.
    As i always say, better quality than quantity, unless you can afford both.....but quality first...
    my advices : if you bought it cheap (20/30 euro) and you dont have another better example in your collection, keep it until you can upgrade it, otherwise...
    If you're looking to purchase it, save your money and wait for a better example, canteens are still common nowadays...
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Nice early and complete canteen. I have about half a dozen but no cups but that is the way I found them cups seem to get lost in the years so yours is complete and nice. timothy

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2