Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Original ww2 german boots?

Article about: I know my boots are likely to be officer's parade or perhaps riding boots, but do they conform to the 'rules' as described above?

Default Re: Original ww2 german boots?

I know my boots are likely to be officer's parade or perhaps riding boots, but do they conform to the 'rules' as described above?

Original ww2 german boots?Original ww2 german boots?Original ww2 german boots?Original ww2 german boots?Original ww2 german boots?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Original ww2 german boots?
    P
    Many

Hello,
    Your boots are Officer's privately purchased ones.
    This kind of boots do have very little in common with regulation boots even if yours do have some similar features.
    For you to know, if they're hard shafted, they were meant for barracks/dienst only....if they're soft shafted they could be worn at the front...
    I remind to our members that this kind of privately purchased boots was produced between the 20's and the 60's....
    regulation Marschstiefel as seen in my previous post were mass produced for 5 years only...
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Quote by JPhilip View Post
    Hello,
    Marschstiefel as seen in my previous post were mass produced for 5 years only...
    Thanks
    So I'm sure that my marschstiefel are 100% from ww2!!!! Thanks!

But now, I post my officer stiefel, They are different from stiefel of Glenn66. Here I can see the angle that you wrote . They can be original and ok with regulation ?

Thanks

Partisan

Hello Partisan,
    Your boots are quite different from Glenn's, just because yours are not Officer boots, they're regulation boots but not Marschstiefel, they're Reitstiefel with the rear leather tab for spurs cut off....in fact they were Reitstiefel modified to Marschstiefel.
    They're in nice conditon....congrats
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :

Hi,
    thank you very much JPhilip. So my stiefel are not for officer? But I know that they belonged to an officer... Is it possible that this officer had or bought a reitstiefel and he modified to a marshstiefel? Or you think they was used by a soldier? (sorry for my poor english...). I was thinking of using them on an officer's uniform, but now, I don' t know if it is correct...

In your opinion they can be ww2 original german boot?

Thanks in advanced
    partisan

Hello Partisan,
    Your pair of Reitstiefel could have been used by an Officer, a NCO or an EM...Officers too used regulation boots...if you know that they belonged to an Officer, then no problem...that's make a good pair of boots with provenance...
    When have been they modified from Reitstiefel to Marschstiefel ?
    That's another story....there is a good chance that this modification has been done wartime...but who knows for sure, all i know is that this modification has been done a lot during wartime, so far i've seen many Reitstiefel modified this way...

For those who have never seen the rear of a Reitstiefel, here's one of mine.
    The photo shows the leather tab that has been cut off on Partisan's boots and a regulation spur....
    Thanks

In Memoriam :

Ah, ok JPhilip, now all is clear...
    Thanks
    partisan

You're welcome
    I use Reitstiefel for my Reiter (of course), but also for my Panzergrenadier Officer...
    Thanks

In Memoriam :

I open this topic again, because I found on the web this image with a pair of boots that have the same seweing of mine marchstiefel. it's possible they are for kriegsmarine ?
    Thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Original ww2 german boots?   Original ww2 german boots?  

Might be I suppose but someone with more knowledge on this ought to be able to shed some light.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast