Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

p38 holster joa 1943

Article about: Not sure if firearm holsters to be posted here or in world firearms forum. I purchased a p38 ac44 by auction which is all matching but has a small import mark on rear that I had not seen. It

Default p38 holster joa 1943

Not sure if firearm holsters to be posted here or in world firearms forum. I purchased a p38 ac44 by auction which is all matching but has a small import mark on rear that I had not seen. It comes with the joa 1943 WaA706 marked soft holster. The import mark makes me question the holster. Opinions on the holster is appreciated - thank you. joe
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture p38 holster joa 1943   p38 holster joa 1943  

p38 holster joa 1943   p38 holster joa 1943  

p38 holster joa 1943   p38 holster joa 1943  

p38 holster joa 1943  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement p38 holster joa 1943
    P
    Many

Something doesn't look right ..
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.

Any other insight into this joa holster?

The eagle stamp looks too pronounced.

The leather looks to new to me. Did you give it the smell test? New shoe smell = bad. The shape and stitching look a bit off. The waffenamt and maker do match which is not too common for repro. A better eye and knowledge is required for me. IMHO. John O.

Sorry to say,Joe...but I'm not liking this holster much. Yes, there were holsters made by "JOA" in 1943, which corresponds to a Dresden maker named Carl Heinichen Dresdner Koffer & Taschen Fabrik. And, yes, the waffenamt of Wa706 is a proper one also. You can find photos of this one in Bender's book 'Military Holsters of WW2'. But this one, which is a soft shell "police style" ,does not look correct. The belt loops, in particular, do not look to have been bumping around on a leather belt for 2 years, and the interior shows only superficial marks of ever having a P-38 inside it. No rubbing, oil marks, etc. The general appearance of this one looks like it was never issued, and yet the stud loop hole on the strap looks nearly worn out. The stitching looks very raised and newish and yet after 73 years, it should be nearly embedded into and part of the leather.
    At one time, a JOA Soft shell from 1943 was considered a scarce holster. Now, they seem to be everywhere you look. I would be very inclined to think that these are Eastern Euro replicas.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Thumbs up

I see nothing wrong with this holster, at all!
    I've been collecting P.38s for over 60 yrs. I have about 70 pistols and at least 50+ holsters to include both hard & soft shell types.
    I can show you holsters of both types that are in new condition. In fact I have almost none that are in ratty condition.
    Sarge