Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

P39t holster for opinion

Article about: I just acquired this P39 holster for the CZ 38 pistol. Overall condition is very nice I have had a tough time finding much information on these. Seems all were made in 1940. The waffenamt st

Default P39t holster for opinion

I just acquired this P39 holster for the CZ 38 pistol. Overall condition is very nice I have had a tough time finding much information on these. Seems all were made in 1940. The waffenamt stamp does not appear in my reference materials. I cannot find the P39 ink stamp or remnants of it. I am also trying to figure out if this was dyed black and has worn off or if the darker areas are patina, at least not rust. My CZ 38 fits well and the P38 will not fit. All opinions and comments are appreciated.
    John

P39t holster for opinionP39t holster for opinionP39t holster for opinionP39t holster for opinionP39t holster for opinion
    Last edited by Rescue190; 08-28-2018 at 01:25 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement P39t holster for opinion
    P
    Many

I like it, nice patina. I's say it was black originally and through years of use the black finish has largely worn off. Condition of the leather is good

From what I can find on the Internet, the manufacturer code JKB is Carl Busse Mainz. [Carl Busse, Fabrik fuer Ausruestungen aus Stoff u. Leder] Similar holsters also made in 1940 have the same WaffenAmt marking - Eagle/179.

They also made holsters for Browning HP, Star and Astra and P38 pistols.

P38 and P39 (t) holsters were virtually identical, but there were additional differences besides the obvious markings. Here's how you can tell them apart.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture P39t holster for opinion   P39t holster for opinion