Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Panzer Headphones

Article about: My first venture into this area with what look (to me at least) to be a pretty good set of Dfh b's for use in AFV's with the rubber ear mufflers as oposed to the un-muffled Dfh a's. I couldn

The photos here show a throat mic and headphone combination worn for a Sargeant Rock photo shoot. I borrowed a set so the artist Billy Tucci could accurately draw them. The two cup version made it difficult for tank commanders to hear anything outside the tank so they often popped one cup off their ear - just like we do in radio. We did a combination of photos with headset adjusted in that way. I understand there was a single cup version later on that addressed this issue. Billy took photos and then sketched the figures into the scenes. NH

Panzer Headphones

Panzer Headphones

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Panzer Headphones
    P
    Many

Yes, there were single cup models, but not for Panzer.

Nick, Thanks for clearing that up. I'd like to see a photo of a single cup headphone. I have an example of the smaller single cup headphone for use with radio/phone. NH

For Flak ?
    The camo jacket is curious!
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

Quote by Neil Hever View Post
    Nick, Thanks for clearing that up. I'd like to see a photo of a single cup headphone. I have an example of the smaller single cup headphone for use with radio/phone. NH
    I don't collect other types, but here is one. By the way, the headset from your photoshoot is also not a Panzer headset, because the cords of a panzer one are not sheathed in plastic like the bunker model. They have brown cloth covered cords.

Also photos of other orange red pads that are not for Panzer
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Panzer Headphones   Panzer Headphones  

Attached Images Attached Images Panzer Headphones 

Nick, Thanks for the photos. The headphones used for the photo shoot had the old brown cord replaced with modern cable so they could actually be used in an armored vehicle. They had frayed and disintegrated like many cloth covered cables from the period. I have an example of the smaller, single headphone you posted. They were kept in a leather pouch and had a light steel headband and elastic strap to hold them in place. NH

Neil, just found a complete single cup one on Ebay, so here are the photos, as you see these were the 54 Ohm models, which could not be connected at all to the Panzer intercom boxes after 41/42. The other side of the band is just a padding.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Panzer Headphones   Panzer Headphones  

Nick, That's it! Are you bidding on it? If not, I need a complete example. These were carried in the Tornister packs of the Kleinerfernsprechtrupp. NH

As mentioned earlier, no,not my area of interest.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3