Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Panzerhandlampe Lamp & Feuerhand No 176 Lantern

Article about: Added a couple field lights to my collection this week. Panzerhandlampe which was used as a mobile landing strip light for the Luftwaffe and some say as a mechanics light for repairing vehic

?

Default Panzerhandlampe Lamp & Feuerhand No 176 Lantern

Added a couple field lights to my collection this week.

Panzerhandlampe which was used as a mobile landing strip light for the Luftwaffe and some say as a mechanics light for repairing vehicles. Pretty certain the name really means armour and nothing to do with Panzer Tanks. Either way a beasty 10 lbs with that old battery encased. Cool relic piece to add to my field gear section.

Also picked up a little Barracks or Bunker - No. 176 Super Baby Feldgrau painted Feuerhand Lantern. Some rust but has that been there feel I like with fieldgear.

Nothing too exciting but thought I would post some pictures. Hope all is well with you.

Rossi
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Panzerhandlampe Lamp & Feuerhand No 176 Lantern   Panzerhandlampe Lamp & Feuerhand No 176 Lantern  

Panzerhandlampe Lamp & Feuerhand No 176 Lantern   Panzerhandlampe Lamp & Feuerhand No 176 Lantern  

Panzerhandlampe Lamp & Feuerhand No 176 Lantern   Panzerhandlampe Lamp & Feuerhand No 176 Lantern  

Panzerhandlampe Lamp & Feuerhand No 176 Lantern  
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Panzerhandlampe Lamp & Feuerhand No 176 Lantern
    P
    Many

Cool pieces, nice pics. I've always had kind of a flashlight fetish... can't have too many, right? I find these kinds of utility items really interesting.

I'm quite sure the Panzerhandlampe is a tool issued for armored vehicle maintenance...You always have interesting items to show, Rossi, and it's good for everyone to expand their horizons and familiarize themselves with the Everyday Tools & Accessories not often seen on the US Market...
    cheers, Glenn
    Last edited by bigmacglenn; 10-16-2015 at 08:13 PM.

Quote by bigmacglenn1966 View Post
    I'm quite sure the Panzerhandlampe is specifically for armored vehicle use...You always have interesting items to show, Rossi, and it's good for everyone to expand their horizons and familiarize themselves with the Everyday Tools & Accessories not often seen on the US Market...
    cheers, Glenn
    I would agree with Glenn as this is considered an explosion proof casing. Notice how robust it is compared to the other.
    Nice pick up Kirk!
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

I would love to find a period WWII picture of one in use and shown on a panzer. Was always told they were used by Luftwaffe for Mobile Airfields. I have seen people debate that they were heavy and armoured themselves so if a plane did knock them over they were protected also from wind with the weight. I like the panzer angle better for sure. They could have had many purposes I guess. Thanks guys and glad you liked a couple simple field used pieces. I can't get enough of this stuff. 30 years and it never gets old.

If my father were still alive I could ask him, but unfortunately, that is not the case.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Quote by rbminis View Post
    If my father were still alive I could ask him, but unfortunately, that is not the case.
    Ralph.
    I am sure he was a great man and he raised a good son Ralph!

I contend that each armored vehicle was equipped with at least one, as part of the vehicle's inventory of maintenance tools, such as tow chains, crowbars, etc...And I'm sure they would have found use far beyond that as well...
    cheers, Glenn

Hi I got one of those lamps a couple of years ago , made by the same firm that makes the miner lamps that are sort of the same , but if you look at the bottom of the glass cover you will notice the FL luftwaffe contract number , same as the stamp on the side of the lamp , another FL number . So this tells you thay are for luftwaffe use . Great peace of equipment , thay are pretty rare to find intact as well , I am lucky as my lamp still has its original paint 95 per cent , will post a photo but not sure now days how to do it it's been a long time . We'll done for finding that lamp , mine comes from France from the north airfields of the battle of Brian Atlantic wall ect .

Nice to see another lamp like yours , real good find !