MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Parachute section, real???

Article about: Hey guys,found this locally.....it's a section of silk from a parachute cut into a diamond, It measures approximately 49"x45"x40"x30". It's tan, brown, and green. The sel

?

Default Parachute section, real???

Hey guys,found this locally.....it's a section of silk from a parachute cut into a diamond, It measures approximately 49"x45"x40"x30". It's tan, brown, and green. The seller said that he got it from a vets family and that the vet would send home souvenirs wrapped in the chute sections. This is a absolutely not my collecting focus, so any help is greatly appreciated! On a side note, it smells wicked old! Thank you!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Parachute section, real???   Parachute section, real???  

Parachute section, real???   Parachute section, real???  

Parachute section, real???  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Parachute section, real???
    P
    Many

Very Cool and much larger than what we usually see...If I was a Fallschirmjaeger-collector this would make a perfect backdrop for my display...I hope the price is right...
    cheers, Glenn
    Last edited by bigmacglenn; 08-06-2014 at 04:31 PM.

Original.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Awesome! Thanks guys!

?

Looks good to me, would be great to use for a display backdrop

?

How can I tell if this is a FJ chute piece or a cargo chute piece?

No idea on that one, sorry. I don't know German 'chute sizes.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Would the camo pattern and colors be the same for either use?

An opportunity for research has now presented itself to you...For me- the studying, searching, and learning are the most enjoyable aspects of this hobby...
    cheers, Glenn
    Last edited by bigmacglenn; 08-05-2014 at 10:15 PM.

Hello,
    IMO camouflaged canopies were used for personnel only, and unicolor canopies for equipments and weapons...
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast