MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Period or postwar Rucksack / Backpack made of Zeltbahn and straps ?

Article about: I found this rucksack / backpack made of Zeltbahn with straps. Is it period field-made of post-war made ? Straps and material look period to me. Any feedback is appreciated - thanks !

Default Period or postwar Rucksack / Backpack made of Zeltbahn and straps ?

I found this rucksack / backpack made of Zeltbahn with straps. Is it period field-made of post-war made ?
    Straps and material look period to me.

Any feedback is appreciated - thanks !
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Period or postwar Rucksack / Backpack made of Zeltbahn and straps ?   Period or postwar Rucksack / Backpack made of Zeltbahn and straps ?  

Period or postwar Rucksack / Backpack made of Zeltbahn and straps ?   Period or postwar Rucksack / Backpack made of Zeltbahn and straps ?  

Period or postwar Rucksack / Backpack made of Zeltbahn and straps ?   Period or postwar Rucksack / Backpack made of Zeltbahn and straps ?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Period or postwar Rucksack / Backpack made of Zeltbahn and straps ?
    P
    Many

I think it's post war with WWII material,
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

Thanks

Hello,
    same opinion for me, postwar made with leftover materials
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

A lot of war time issue material must have been used after the war. With backpacks, I commonly see the shelves removed from the Fernsprechtornister (telephone pack). I assume this was done to make them more handy for carrying clothes and personal possessions. It certainly took some skill to make this pack and I agree that it is most likely post war. There is a chance it could have been made by a POW. I have seen POW made sacks and small bags made from Zeltbahn material. NH

Thanks for the feedback - I found it interesting and price was low.
    Will post better photos once I have it.

It's hard to tell really with this things... If I had item like this, I would choose to believe that it's war made.... In my humble opinion.

Thanks and here are some more photos.
    All pieces used are period German made - gas mask straps with metal sliders, zeltbahn fabric and shoulder straps.

UV tested - nothing glows.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Period or postwar Rucksack / Backpack made of Zeltbahn and straps ?   Period or postwar Rucksack / Backpack made of Zeltbahn and straps ?  

Period or postwar Rucksack / Backpack made of Zeltbahn and straps ?