Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Phials for the gas detection kit in tin.

Article about: Before someone points it out, the phials are the wrong ones for the tin. I just picked up the tin which is for yellow banded phials and it was empty, but I only had some black banded ones to

Default Phials for the gas detection kit in tin.

Before someone points it out, the phials are the wrong ones for the tin. I just picked up the tin which is for yellow banded phials and it was empty, but I only had some black banded ones to go in the tin. Anyway I have not come across many of these at all, and it has the cutting tool as well. I just thought I would share it as it still fairly neat.
    All the best from Jersey,
    D.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Phials for the gas detection kit in tin.   Phials for the gas detection kit in tin.  

Phials for the gas detection kit in tin.   Phials for the gas detection kit in tin.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Phials for the gas detection kit in tin.
    P
    Many

These are often live agent. If they are training sets some are some aren't. The make up of these appear that they may well be. Please hand them into your local police station or call the local police at the earliest opportunity. I know the people in Jersey I'll let them know to expect a call or visit.

A bit of an over reaction. Thanks for letting me know to expect a knock at the door or a call. I will be sure to send them on thier way.
    D

As I do this for a living I do not think it an over reaction. The chemicals used when not live agent are often very unpleasent so either way not something you should want around. As you know the EOD on the Island is limited in quantity, forewarning is just good manners and allows them to look into a less common nature.

If we were going to knock on your door we would not warn you would we, it would spoil the surprise!

Thank you for your concern. EOD on Jersey is well covered and has been, for the last 40 odd years by the same person. He is well acquainted with all manner of German ordnance and as these phials appear every now and again he is au fait with themas well. I have come across them many times over the years as has many others who collect German militaria on the Island. There has never been an incident with this type of phial and whilst having coffee with our local EOD Officer last week in my home no concerns were raised. Only that they were in nice condition and that he had not seen the tin before, as when found here they are usually loose on the beach. So with the greatest respect, carry on doing what you do where you do it and we will do what we do over here. If there was any reason for concern then the phials would be dealt with in the appropriate manner. I note that these phials turn up on eBay for sale quite often, they have not been pulled from there so go knock on that door if you like. All the best, D

Hi Damian

Very nice tin !!

The tin belongs to the gasschutz vorrat.. ( I have the big box, which contained all the little boxes.....)

If you ever decide to part with it, please thinkmof me, I am looking for these boxes for a long time, but havent been able tomfind them.....

Anyway, these are completely harmless as far as I know......

Tom

Hi Tom,
    Glad you have appeared on this thread. Vegetius was starting to annoy me with his somewhat silly comments about sending people to knock on my door etc.
    These phials have always been looked at as harmless, and have never caused any problems so it was nice to see you also say that they are ok.
    If I ever part with the tin I will be sure to let you know. I have a few items that go with the phials but I just need to get them all in one place and take some pictures of them.
    All the best from Jersey,
    D