Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Please help id what's left of this holster!

Article about: Stopped at a garage sale a couple of weeks ago and bought a few pieces of US WWII military insignia. The guy I bought them from was the kid brother to the vet who brought them back. This fel

?

Default Please help id what's left of this holster!

Stopped at a garage sale a couple of weeks ago and bought a few pieces of US WWII military insignia. The guy I bought them from was the kid brother to the vet who brought them back. This fellow also told me about a holster he had that his brother sent home to him around 1945. Being a kid and not knowing that in another 50 years it could be worth something, he decided to cut it down to fit his toy six-shooter. As we all know real cowboys don't have flaps on their holsters!

Here are a couple of photos of the holster. I assume its German by the Schneider Brieg markings. But other than that I can't tell if it was for a Luger, Walther or some other pistol. Also I can not find a date on it. I collect primarily US, so my knowledge of the finer points of German collectibles is greatly lacking. I would appreciate any info!

Thanks in advance for the assistance!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Please help id what's left of this holster!   Please help id what's left of this holster!  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Please help id what's left of this holster!
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Please help id what's left of this holster!

It looks like a luger holster I don't remember if its police or military . Alot of GIs did this to the holsters it was easier to get the pistol out and sometimes the pull strap broke. I have a holster that I bought from a vets family and that was what the GI did to it. Gary
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Please help id what's left of this holster!   Please help id what's left of this holster!  

Please help id what's left of this holster!   Please help id what's left of this holster!  

?

Thanks Gary! I wish mine had a little more leather (like the flap!) left on it. I like the look of your veteran cut-down.

As mine is brown in color, could it have been a WWI holster?

?

Beast it could be WW1 or WWII Luft. Somebody cut alittle to much off. Still a cool item. I bet some of the luger guys could tell you alot more. Gary