MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Pocket watch ?

Article about: Rather sorry looking pocket watch bezel.....I presume it's German.....can't see any makers marks etc.....perhaps anyone to shed any light on this piece ?

Default Pocket watch ?

Rather sorry looking pocket watch bezel.....I presume it's German.....can't see any makers marks etc.....perhaps anyone to shed any light on this piece ?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Pocket watch ?   Pocket watch ?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Pocket watch ?
    P
    Many

?

I don't believe it is military related.

What makes you say it's probably German? If it is unmarked, it could be from literally any country. Such watch cases (it looks to be a standard 18 size) were made from the 1890's on into the 1950's. Without the rear cover, it is impossible to even guess at to it's origin.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

I am basing it on the fact that this came packaged together with other German items when my dad's uncle returned from the war.....all the other items were German so I presumed that this was too.....I yet await to be properly corrected.

Wasn't trying to be rude, so hopefully you did not take it as such. But, again, without the rear cover and no makers marks, it is, virtually impossible to identify anything further on this watch case. It is the normal size and non-precious metal type of case that anyone in the World would have carried on a daily basis. Keep in mind also, that even if it was found with a German soldier, that the soldier could well have gotten the watch from a jewelry shop that carried imported watches,so with that in mind, it's likely you'll never be able to find out anything further on the mystery!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

No no....that's fine...it's good to get peoples views / thoughts.....I'm really in the dark regarding this one. Perhaps it's a soldiers watch Be it British , German or otherwise ?......I don't think I will ever know ;-).....If only it could talk eh ?

Many thanks
    Mark

don't stress to much , your item was originally a stopwatch i say , due to the placement of the winder and push button , Most pocket watches only have 1 winder/knob.

yours has 2 , here is a pic for reference only , I dont think you will be able to ID the maker.

Pocket watch ?Pocket watch ?