Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Poor Vintage P38 or Hi Power Holster?

Article about: Hi This poor holster was abused by someone ! Maybe he had no idea how valuable she is!? There are maker marker "WaA101" & "nka 43" on her.But the belt loop was gone a

Default Poor Vintage P38 or Hi Power Holster?

Hi
    This poor holster was abused by someone ! Maybe he had no idea how valuable she is!?
    There are maker marker "WaA101" & "nka 43" on her.But the belt loop was gone and got two slits instead.As I know she is authentic WWII one made for P38 or Hi-Power.Do you agree?
    Does it still worth $100 US?
    Is that possible to fix it?Or just leave her alone?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Poor Vintage P38 or Hi Power Holster?   Poor Vintage P38 or Hi Power Holster?  

Poor Vintage P38 or Hi Power Holster?   Poor Vintage P38 or Hi Power Holster?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Poor Vintage P38 or Hi Power Holster?
    P
    Many

Default re: Poor Vintage P38 or Hi Power Holster?

I don't know what those are worth, You might want to try this on it. It's some good stuff. As far as fixing it goes, I'm not sure if the leather is in good enough shape to put a new belt loop on it, adding a belt loop to it may actually lower what's left of the value. It's not uncommon to find WW II holsters in poor condition, for so many years they weren't worth much I think it's over the last few years that the value has really jumped. I'd personally put some preservative on it and call it good.

Mike

oops forgot to post this, Pecard - Retail: Antique Leather Care

Mike

Hi Mike
    Thanks so much for your kind help and valuable information.
    Ya! I am also worry about the new belt loop might lower its value.

Though it's not good-looking,its leather is still supple and durable.The stitches are also intact.(except the loop part)

I will get the preservation you suggested to take care this wounded veteran!

Best Regards
    Kevin

Quote by kevin710 View Post
    Hi Mike

Though it's not good-looking,its leather is still supple and durable.The stitches are also intact.(except the loop part)

Best Regards
    Kevin
    It doesn't appear that the leather is torn through where the belt loop is missing. You could realistically sew a new leather keeper on there but I don't think it would increase the value. Personally I'd remove the old thread from it. If you do put a new keeper I'd be careful to not overtighten the thread as it will probably tear the leather. But I think the best thing you can do is just preserve it as it stands. Those old holsters are certainly easy to appreciate aren't they

Pals
    Mike

Hi Mike

Best Regards
    Kevin
    Hi Kevin, it's a Browning Hi-power holster for sure. Easy way to tell is the extra mag pouch. It is much larger for the big 13 round mag.
    The holsters look very similar to the ones for the P-38, but the bottom for muzzle is more narrow. I would save your money, if you have not bought this already. It's not really worth $100 in it's condition.
    I paid around the same for these examples. They are not so rare, and there are nicer ones out there so I would shop around a bit more.
    If it was very cheap, or free, sure no problem.

Pecards like suggested is an excellent product, and it is all I would ever use "IF" i have to use something to dress leather.

Everything in this WW2 collecting is always much better, and more desirable valuable when left as found. I will only use Pecards leather dressing if the piece is "absolutely going to keep deteriorating" if you do nothing. Like when a holster has severe "red rot".

Regards, Steve
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Poor Vintage P38 or Hi Power Holster?   Poor Vintage P38 or Hi Power Holster?  

Hi Steve
    WOW,are they all your collection?That's really awesome!
    Thanks a lot for sharing your expertize and experience.I really appreciate them.
    Actually I got it for about $50 US.I wish I could meet you earlier.
    About Pecard, I will keep it for necessary need as you suggested,thanks again.

Damn Kilroy, I thought for certain that it was a P38 holster, but that magazine pouch is sortof a give away. There is so much to learn about this stuff, I'm glad I'm zeroed in on 1911's or I'd feel really stupid. Okay maybe I am stupid, BUT I don't feel stupid. That's important!

Pals
    Mike

Hi Mike
    At least you are smarter than me for sure.I still can't really figure out the different between them easily.Moreover I spent some money for this blemished baby
    This remind me the words said in the movie "Forrest Gump" which is "stupid is as stupid does".

Cheers
    Kevin

Hi Steve
    WOW,are they all your collection?That's really awesome!
    Thanks a lot for sharing your expertize and experience.I really appreciate them.
    Actually I got it for about $50 US.I wish I could meet you earlier.
    About Pecard, I will keep it for necessary need as you suggested,thanks again.
    Hi Kevin, no not really mine , I ran over to my neighbors and photographed his holsters.

Kidding, yes there mine, Thanks. $50 is not bad for the holster. I kind of like it. It has a nice fairly scarce 3 letter maker code and date, and has that been there look.
    I've collected a long time. When you have also, you will have more nice toys. Here is pic of the pistols for these holsters I show, Hi-Power and P-38. There on the table there with the other toys. I have shown this pic a few times before, but here look anyway......

Regards, Steve
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Poor Vintage P38 or Hi Power Holster?  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast