Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Poor Vintage P38 or Hi Power Holster?

Article about: Hi This poor holster was abused by someone ! Maybe he had no idea how valuable she is!? There are maker marker "WaA101" & "nka 43" on her.But the belt loop was gone a

Default re: Poor Vintage P38 or Hi Power Holster?

OMG, Are they all real stuffs? That's really awesome!!!
    Is the Hi-Power the one under P-38?It seem that it's not as famous as P38 in WWII,maybe I am wrong!
    Thanks for your comfort.I think there is still a lot of things I've to learn.I am glad to have such a well-experience senior like you to help us here.
    Kevin

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Poor Vintage P38 or Hi Power Holster?
    P
    Many

Quote by kevin710 View Post
    OMG, Are they all real stuffs?
    Is the Hi-Power the one under P-38?It seem that it's not as famous as P38 in WWII,maybe I am wrong!
    Kevin
    Hi Kevin, Yes!! all are real stuffs. They all still shoot good!
    No, that is a Polish Radom pistol under P-38. The Hi-Power Browning is at the bottom, here look.......

The Hi-Powers were very ahead of there time. In my opinion, one of the best pistols ever produced. You can google, and find much more out about them, or there are many great books about the many pistols the Germans used. The best book to obtain is Axis Pistols by Jan C Still. The books are very expensive today though, they are out of print.

And Yes, you are correct. The P-38 seems to be more famous.

Regards, Steve
    Attached Images Attached Images Poor Vintage P38 or Hi Power Holster? 

Hello,
    That's a nice and comprehensive handguns collection Steve.
    Congrats....
    I like very much the GP35 (HP in english), Radom, P.38 and TT33, but my all time favourite will remain the P.08 i think, what a beauty (i used to own two of them, both DWM from 1915 and 1918)...
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

?

Fixing the hide depends really on what you want to do to it, I would use some hide food or leather dressing such as Liberon leather cream etc, as the surface of the hide looks quite dry in the pictures and in some places slightly powdery. The cream or hide food will stop this getting any worse and also make the leather more pliable, the cream will also help to push the dirt to the surface so if you apply a couple of applications of a period of a month you should notice that the leather has a more vibrant colour and look more like it did when it was first tanned

Nige.
    "Now, I've designed this like a collapsing bag ! "

Quote by JPhilip View Post
    Hello,
    That's a nice and comprehensive handguns collection Steve.
    Congrats....
    I like very much the GP35 (HP in english), Radom, P.38 and TT33, but my all time favourite will remain the P.08 i think, what a beauty (i used to own two of them, both DWM from 1915 and 1918)...
    Thanks
    Hello JPhilip, thank you. I like what you like also. P-08's have good workmanship, lots of machining to make one! They just feel good in hand also.

I love the Spanish pistols too, they are very high quality also.

Regards, Steve
    "Dr.Ruby"

Quote by Nige H View Post
    Fixing the hide depends really on what you want to do to it, I would use some hide food or leather dressing such as Liberon leather cream etc, as the surface of the hide looks quite dry in the pictures and in some places slightly powdery. The cream or hide food will stop this getting any worse and also make the leather more pliable, the cream will also help to push the dirt to the surface so if you apply a couple of applications of a period of a month you should notice that the leather has a more vibrant colour and look more like it did when it was first tanned

Nige.
    Hi Nige
    I really appreciate your professional introduction.It gonna be awesome to see this wounded baby reborn again.Thanks so much.

Quote by Kilroy Was Here View Post
    Hi Kevin, Yes!! all are real stuffs. They all still shoot good!
    No, that is a Polish Radom pistol under P-38. The Hi-Power Browning is at the bottom, here look.......

The Hi-Powers were very ahead of there time. In my opinion, one of the best pistols ever produced. You can google, and find much more out about them, or there are many great books about the many pistols the Germans used. The best book to obtain is Axis Pistols by Jan C Still. The books are very expensive today though, they are out of print.

And Yes, you are correct. The P-38 seems to be more famous.

Regards, Steve
    Hi Steve
    Thanks a lot for your heartfelt help.I checked the book you recommended but it's about $400 and also hard to findIs there any cheaper one you suggest?thanks again.

Quote by kevin710 View Post
    Hi Steve
    Thanks a lot for your heartfelt help.I checked the book you recommended but it's about $400 and also hard to findIs there any cheaper one you suggest?thanks again.
    Hi Kevin, yes they are expensive, if you can even find one. I got mine for $59.95, and Jan autographed it also for me. Came direct from Alaska.

If you are very serious about starting a German WW2 pistol collection now in 2010.....you better have fairly deep pockets.

You can always find "deals" and "vet pick ups" at least here in the US, not sure where you are located. There are still treasures to be found out there in this world, BUT...............You need to know what you are looking for, this where Knowledge is Power.

To get this "power" you need "ammo" which is information. "Detailed" information that is "Accurate". Just about all seasoned WW2 gun collectors will tell you Axis pistols also. It has the most detailed, and most importantly..... "accurate" information on All the pistols that were used by the Germans in WW2.

My choice for a lower cost alternative would be the books by:
    Lt. Col. Robert D. Whittington III

Whittington has some very good books also. There is also a books by Eugene Bender on German pistol holsters that are good.
    If you also have interest in the famous .45 automatic pistol, there is a book on U.S. 1911&A1's that is considered the "bible" by Charles W. Clawson.

Good luck in your searching for treasure, and your new expensive hobby!! Better make some good stories for the wife if you have one!!

Regards, Steve
    "Dr.Ruby"

I can only echo Steve's comments. Good books are vital. I see this time and time again, "Saving money" by not buying books is a big false ecomony.

Cheers, Ade.

Hi Steve
    Thanks so much for your valuable information and kind reminding.After reading your basic instruction,I thinks the water is too deep to try for me in the real firearm area.But I really appreciate that I can have mentors like you and Ade here to guide and teach us.Many Thanks.
    Kevin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2