Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Possibly Real FG42 Bandolier?

Article about: Hey guys. Browsing around the Internet, I found an FG42 bandolier on a British site: [URL="http://www.target-arms.co.uk/product_info.php/pName/german-fallscrimjager-bandolier/cName/worl

Default Possibly Real FG42 Bandolier?

Hey guys.
    Browsing around the Internet, I found an FG42 bandolier on a British site:
    [URL="http://www.target-arms.co.uk/product_info.php/pName/german-fallscrimjager-bandolier/cName/world-war-2?osCsid=4f4bc49c6818ebfbd407c147308eef12"]
    A friend of mine on YouTube, who just so happens to be a major Fallschirmjager collector, checked his collector's book and stated that this example here is authentic. Could anyone help to verify/ disprove it?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Possibly Real FG42 Bandolier?   Possibly Real FG42 Bandolier?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Possibly Real FG42 Bandolier?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Possibly Real FG42 Bandolier?

Hi Serinox, I've never seen an original one, but IMO the seams on this one are poorly sewn. At a minimum these would have been double stitched. I can't see them very well, but I believe it has more modern snaps also. Quality is too poor for original.

Take care,
    Jay

Welcome to the forum!

The bandoleer is not original. It is a repro and I have seen identical ones for sale at living history shows I attend. Originals of these are very rare indeed and would command many thousands of pounds.

Cheers, Ade.

Quote by Searinox View Post
    A friend of mine on YouTube, who just so happens to be a major Fallschirmjager collector, checked his collector's book and stated that this example here is authentic.

Hello,
    Sorry to say this about your "youtube friend", but a real major Fallschirmjäger collector shouldn't need any book to make comments about this kind of item..and he gave you a wrong answer...good for you that you posted the item prior to make any purchase....as Ade mentioned, real ones are rare and more expensive that the price asked here. Do a google search under "german paratrooper bandoleer" and you'll see a lot of examples to avoid....
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Thank you very much, guys. You just saved me the equivalent of $500! Alas, it pains me to see how many fakes and fakers are on the market today, attempting to peddle their craft for money.

Cheers,
    Searinox

However I'm still looking for some genuine MP44 magazine pouches, but unfortunately they're rarer than dragon droppings...

Look at the snaps - they have "original" in English stamped on them
    d'oh!!