Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Putting gas masks on styrofoam heads?

Article about: by FALLSCHIRMJAGER Tell me about , I was exactly the same, helmet ,gas mask ,battledress and "muck bombs and fireworks being lobbed at each other! Those were the days when your parents

MAP
    ?

Quote by FALLSCHIRMJAGER View Post
    Tell me about , I was exactly the same, helmet ,gas mask ,battledress and "muck bombs and fireworks being lobbed at each other! Those were the days when your parents let you have fun instead of saying "my poor little puddings been hurt by a nasty stone thrown by your son, I'm gonna sue ya!!" Leon.
    We used apples for grenades and bottle rockets.......
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Putting gas masks on styrofoam heads?
    P
    Many

Quote by MAP View Post
    We used apples for grenades and bottle rockets.......
    That's a winner!! We also had the cast iron "drilled out" dummy grenades that were perfect for putting bangers inside and then lighting. We stopped that one day though when one must have become a bit weak from over use and it fractured in lumps all over the place causing a few stings and bruises!! Leon.

MAP
    ?

Quote by FALLSCHIRMJAGER View Post
    That's a winner!! We also had the cast iron "drilled out" dummy grenades that were perfect for putting bangers inside and then lighting. We stopped that one day though when one must have become a bit weak from over use and it fractured in lumps all over the place causing a few stings and bruises!! Leon.
    Quote from A Christmas Story: "You'll shoot your eye out". Hope you didn't tell your parents what happened.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

One point to mention also is there is no weight in foam poly type heads and any mask will pull forward every time with the weight of the filter/breath value,so basically a waste of time,my 2 cents.............

?

I've found that if you paint the styrofoam with a matt textured water based enamel that seals the head there are no problems. I've had a mask on one for a few months now and no worries. I agree if you don't put something heavy like a helmet on the form it does tilt forward as correctly mentioned above.

Putting gas masks on styrofoam heads?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2