MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Question about Reichsluftfahrtministerium ladle

Article about: Good day to all of you! I would like to ask you for more information about this ladle I found on a sale website. What I found is manufactured by the company WMF, using patented in '30's &quo

Default Question about Reichsluftfahrtministerium ladle

Good day to all of you!

I would like to ask you for more information about this ladle I found on a sale website.
    What I found is manufactured by the company WMF, using patented in '30's "Cromargan" coating, and has the stamp of R.M.L, which I think stands for Reichsluftfahrtministerium.
    I see the eagle shape is a bit strange, which makes me wonder of the authenticity of the item.
    What you think of it, guys?

P.S. This is my first post here, please excuse me if I did something wrong with this post! Question about Reichsluftfahrtministerium ladleQuestion about Reichsluftfahrtministerium ladleQuestion about Reichsluftfahrtministerium ladle

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Question about Reichsluftfahrtministerium ladle
    P
    Many

I have never before seen such an eagle on original items... I can't comment on the authenticity but it surely looks oddly shaped! I tend to say it isn't period made but don't take my word for it. Others will come along and contribute. I will keep an eye here for this because I would like to read what others have to say about this bird!

Oooh and welcome on the forum!!!

Not liking the eagle stamp on this , Just come back from Ciney where i seller had a big box of Alu pans and jugs etc all with later added KM and Luft stamps added

To be at odds with the others, I'm rather liking this one. The eagle stamp is one I've seen as an accepted pattern before, and the overall detail and clean, well defined strike seems to be a lot better than most fakes that I've looked at previously. I may well be wrong as these are not my speciality, but it does sort of 'exude' the quality one might expect of a genuine item. I'll be interested to hear opinions from more experienced members who collect flatware on this interesting piece.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

early droptail eagle looks good to me too,just a bit puzzled by the swastika better pic of it would help.

MAP
    ?

As with everyone else so far, I will qualify that I'm no expert. But I think I'm with Ned on this one. The quality of the RLM is superb and what one would like to see.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)