Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Question on pouch?

Article about: Hello all, just a fast question. I am sorry I don't have any pictures right now but at an antique store I found what seems to be an ammunition carrier for a belt. It is all black leather and

Default Question on pouch?

Hello all, just a fast question. I am sorry I don't have any pictures right now but at an antique store I found what seems to be an ammunition carrier for a belt. It is all black leather and only has 2 pouches instead of the normal three. It fastens on the bottom like an ammo pouch would. My question is, it is stamped Ges Gesch in the leather. Would this be something normal for a uniform piece? I have never seen that stamped on anything other than buttons and etc. I will try to get pictures as soon as possble but was wondering if this would be correct. It also has ink marking on the inside but they are not very clear, they look like a date but cannot read them. There are 3 of them and are only 15.00 us dollars each. Any thoughts of what they may be would be great. Thanks!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Question on pouch?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Question on pouch?

Ges. Gesch. means Gesetzlich geschützt. In english: protected by the law. If it has this stamping, it's definitely WW2 period.

THanks for the information, Schachbrett, I just thought it was unique to have that stamping on a uniform piece. I do intend on buying one and I will post pictures. The weather is not cooperating with 8 inches of snow and 40 below windchill, otherwise I would purchase it sooner. Thanks again!! Brian

Here are the pictures I promised. The date looks like 1966 but it is really hard to tell. Any thoughts of what this may be would be great help. Thanks for your time.

BrianQuestion on pouch?Question on pouch?Question on pouch?Question on pouch?

Hello Brian,
    Sorry to say but this ammo pouch is not WWII, it's postwar austrian for the G3 rifle...sorry
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Please don't be sorry, JPhilip, I am happy that someone could identify what it is. Like I stated earlier, I just have never seen Ges Gesch on something like this and thought it might be unique. It will become another part of my collection and I am glad to have it. Thanks for your time sharing your information with me. Take care! Brian

Quote by JPhilip View Post
    Hello Brian,
    Sorry to say but this ammo pouch is not WWII, it's postwar austrian for the G3 rifle...sorry
    Thanks
    Is it possible then, that Ges.Gesch. stamps were used only in Austria after the war? I was confident that it's Third Reich stamp.....