Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Question reg. Entrenching Tools...

Article about: Thank you Tom. When you say "Swiss, Dutch etc" do you mean post war then? Regards, Lars

Default Re: Question reg. Entrenching Tools...

Quote by Datrus View Post
    Yes we find a wide variety of models on the Eastern Front Thank you JP

Regards, Lars
    In France, we also find a great variety of shovels from all captured troops in 1944-45...

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Question reg. Entrenching Tools...
    P
    Many

?

Just to make the confusion total Some shovels with metal ring/band are referred to as post war as well, right

Cheers

This is a "spare" flat entrenching tool that I have. Its complete with its carrier which is also marked. There not the best photos I know but better ones can be taken if needed. This is I believe all original as it came privately with a few other items of no great significance but were left behind after the war was over.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Question reg. Entrenching Tools...   Question reg. Entrenching Tools...  

Question reg. Entrenching Tools...   Question reg. Entrenching Tools...  

Question reg. Entrenching Tools...  

?

whats usual value on these items now?

not to hijack the thread but anybody provide some feedback regarding this carrier
    https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/field...hswehr-256915/
    thanks

Hi,
    Not sure on the true value, but seen them for as low as £50 and as high as £175. So its dependent on condition and who has it but they must be worth over £100 for a nice clean shovel with a good original case and marked up nicely.
    D.

I like how most people think it is a German invention, but it is not

Military equipment of the 20th century: Fodfolksspade M1870: The Linnemann entrenching-tool - Den Linnemannske Spade

It was exported to/ or produced on license by Denmark (country of origin), Poland, France, Russia, Norway, Germany, Finland, Austria, Switzerland, The Netherlands, Belgium, East Germany, Poland, Romania and many others

The Germans nicked quite a number of entrenching tools from the Danish army when they invaded. They early Danish shovels had a re-enforcing band around handle.

Quote by 37Webbing View Post
    Hello,
    No one here said that the shovel was a german invention and i mentioned the Linnemann patent in post #28
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :

Quote by JERSEY 34 View Post
    Hi,
    Not sure on the true value, but seen them for as low as £50 and as high as £175. So its dependent on condition and who has it but they must be worth over £100 for a nice clean shovel with a good original case and marked up nicely.
    D.
    Hello,
    For a german WWII shovel itself, prices are between 40 and 100 euros, depending of the seller, condition, year of production etc....for a german WWII cover in leather, i've seen them between 200 and 400 euros....i sold one 1939 dated in mint condition for 400 euros...for a german cover in pressed cardboard (like yours) i've seen them between 180 and 400 euros, also depending of the condition, seller, rarity etc....i've seen a simplified (with belt loops sewn at the back) cover in yellow pressed cardboard in mint condition selling for 450 euros.
    The most expensive set i've seen so far was a mint 1943 dated folding shovel in a 1944 dated 2nd type carrier in yellow pressed cardboard (i've seen only two in my collecting life), for 850 euros...it was a real beauty
    Thanks

In Memoriam :

Quote by JPhilip View Post
    Hello,
    No one here said that the shovel was a german invention and i mentioned the Linnemann patent in post #28
    Thanks
    I noticed
    But it is a common misconception among collectors.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast