Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

RAD-Stamped Canvas Pack...

Article about: Hello Friends, I'd be very thankful for any information regarding the purpose of this piece... RAD-Stamped cheers, Glenn

Default RAD-Stamped Canvas Pack...

Hello Friends,
    I'd be very thankful for any information regarding the purpose of this piece...
    RAD-Stamped

cheers, Glenn
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture RAD-Stamped Canvas Pack...   RAD-Stamped Canvas Pack...  

RAD-Stamped Canvas Pack...   RAD-Stamped Canvas Pack...  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement RAD-Stamped Canvas Pack...
    P
    Many

Any idea what it's for, RAD Man?
    cheers, Glenn

?

Glenn.. I have some ideas and am working on it.. Does it look like 3 / 142 ??
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

I can decipher H.P. Landjahr RAD
    Abt.?/142
    Thanks for the help...do you think it's for personal items or for tools...
    I liked it enough to buy it...just a neat and still useful piece of gear...
    cheers, Glenn

?

Glenn.. I have searched most of my material... I cannot find a reason why this pouch / bag would have an individual's name markings on it... This would have been costly and without merit as the RAD were rotated every 6- 9 months depending on service.. Also the lack of the RADbR or point of distribution puzzles me...
    On a second note this may be better expressed or explained by Wim. Saris... These are just my opinions

That isn't a name, the Landjahr was the mandatory service-period for youth in the countryside...RAD Abteilung ?/142 is the unit designation, and it appears to be followed by the name of a locality, maybe Osthofen...we'll see when it gets here...
    I'm thinking it's part of a Bed-Roll -maybe for the front of the bicycle- for messkit and personal items...
    cheers, Glenn

?

I agree.... You are quite right... My mistake... I really need glasses.... I will be delighted to see what the findings are !!

?

Quote by bigmacglenn1966 View Post
    That isn't a name, the Landjahr was the mandatory service-period for youth in the countryside...RAD Abteilung ?/142 is the unit designation, and it appears to be followed by the name of a locality, maybe Osthofen...we'll see when it gets here...
    I'm thinking it's part of a Bed-Roll -maybe for the front of the bicycle- for messkit and personal items...
    cheers, Glenn
    P.S. Thanks for the information regarding this piece... I am still in the learning stage.... G

Me Too, Gwar...Me too, lol...May it never end...
    cheers, Glenn