Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

A-Rahmen original or post war?

Article about: by siton1111 Hi Canuck63 Would you be so kind to tell me a price for an A like those you've sold? Thank you anyway siton1111 PM sent

Default A-Rahmen original or post war?

I wonder what you think of this one? In picture number 5 from top down,I just dont like those white threads,seem like left-overs from stichin' of the M31 messkit strap(?).And in number 7 the sewing on both edges.I would appreciate an experts opinion about this one.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A-Rahmen original or post war?  
    Attached Images Attached Images A-Rahmen original or post war?  A-Rahmen original or post war?  A-Rahmen original or post war?  A-Rahmen original or post war?  A-Rahmen original or post war?  A-Rahmen original or post war?  A-Rahmen original or post war? 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement A-Rahmen original or post war?
    P
    Many

Default Re: A-Rahmen original or post war?

I have the same concerns as you over the overall construction and would pass on it.

Cheers, Ade.

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    I have the same concerns as you over the overall construction and would pass on it.

Cheers, Ade.
    Thanks Ade
    You know I am just thinking that has a price that reaches 800.00 euros and comes from a well reputated eshop in Germany...Trust after all is a tough thing to come by these days...I would like to hear JPhilip's mind about that one.

Hi,
    I’m not JP but I nevertheless hope I’ll be able to help you out all the same.I won’t go into detailed descriptions here..just take a lok at this pictures as if this A-Frame was yours…if it doesn’t look like this one…if it hasn’t its “feel”…then it ain’t kosher!
    Cheers
    Manny

More details worth a million words.Too bad you’re a bit late…I’ve sold fifteen A-Frames from my collection last month and three were blue!
    Cheers
    Manny

Now these are the type of photos that are needed

Cheers, Ade.

Cheers to the pal from Canada.
    Well to my limited knowledge and experience in the matter,all the A's posted look genuine German 1933-45 items.However my post in the first place was questioning the originality(if any..)of one that I was planning to buy.As about mentioned that I was kind of late,I think that other members have posted similar questions concerning A-frames...

Incredible photos Manny. How the heck do you get those close-ups? That kind of material fuzzes my photos out in macro.

Jay

Quote by sitges1990 View Post
    Incredible photos Manny. How the heck do you get those close-ups? That kind of material fuzzes my photos out in macro.

Jay
    Hi Jay,
    thanks for your kind words and for appreciating my humble effort mate !When focusing on details I always try to do my best to make the members that look at my pictures feel like the item's in their own hands...a virtual walkaround of an item that can be compared to a real hands-on inspection.
    So far I'm the only one willing to do that AFAIC...some won't because don't know where to point the spotlight at..others know better than me but won't because they don't want to help out the fakers (they already have original items to copy!) but I'm strongly convinced that this kind of pictures and ref would prevent many a collector from being burnt!Of course...there's something that cannot be rendered by pictures,namely feel,guts and smell,but that's another story!
    Cheers
    Manny

Hi Canuck63
    Would you be so kind to tell me a price for an A like those you've sold?
    Thank you anyway
    siton1111

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast