Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Rare SG-41z Nazi encryption machine circa 1944 - auction

Article about: Just failed to sell at £14,000 a couple of minutes ago! Auction house sales blurb: An exceptionally rare SG-41z Nazi encryption machine circa 1944. These machines were produced as a successo

Default Rare SG-41z Nazi encryption machine circa 1944 - auction

Just failed to sell at £14,000 a couple of minutes ago!

Rare SG-41z Nazi encryption machine circa 1944 - auction

Auction house sales blurb:

An exceptionally rare SG-41z Nazi encryption machine circa 1944. These machines were produced as a successor to the famous Enigma machines, and their code was never cracked by Bletchley Park. The SG-41z has the numeric keypad rather than letter keys, and was designed for use by the Luftwaffe and navy weather service. Only around 10 are known to exist.
    Estimate:
    £15,000 - £20,000

Restored condition according to the auctioneers.

WWII German successor to Enigma machine that beat Bletchley Park's code breakers | Mail Online

SG-41Z Encryption device - Burstow and Hewett
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Rare SG-41z Nazi encryption machine circa 1944 - auction
    P
    Many

neat item..sadly an engima machine sold to the owners of "Pawn stars" or $600 US. I dont know the resell figure of the machine.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Interesting developement of the code machine.
    Easy to see the likeness to earlier code machines.
    I eagerly expect the upcomming 'alternate history' Hollywood version of how the Allied got this machine - cant be more hilarious than U571.

Quote by Larry C View Post
    neat item..sadly an engima machine sold to the owners of "Pawn stars" or $600 US. I dont know the resell figure of the machine.
    Lets just hope it was one of those fake deals they are meant to have on there. I have not seen the episode but does Chumley say something like "Hey, Boss, why are you paying $600 for some old typewriter?" cue the look of disdain

Surprises me that this one did not sell, given the rarity.

Quote by Scout View Post
    Interesting developement of the code machine.
    Easy to see the likeness to earlier code machines.
    I eagerly expect the upcomming 'alternate history' Hollywood version of how the Allied got this machine - cant be more hilarious than U571.
    ... or that the Poles who had already broken the enigma code before the war gave the British and French their enigma machines and code breaking secrets to work from in 1939. There are still ten enigma machines buried by the retreating/escaping Polish cryptologists somewhere on the Bulgarian border waiting to be rediscovered
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

?

Yes indeed. I remember reading about the Polish angle. Very advanced for the time.

well here goe's folks,if that has been in the sea all those years there is no way that could be restored like that so I doubt that story,2/it looks like something somebody as made up from other machines.not possible.think back to Hitlers diaries.I think its a fake.

Quote by Larry C View Post
    Pawn Stars is a setup reality show - the enigma was probably a museum piece lent to the show and 'staged' to appear a bargain. I'd lay money on it never really happening - Pickers is equally staged - just remember, there is a camera crew and a WHOLE back line of sound guys etc... that we the viewers don't see. And where do the pickers get the helicopter for those long high freeway shots?????????

Artifice dear friends ........ all artifice!

Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "