Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Real stick grendade?

Article about: Hi, I'm a german WW2 collector and if i buy something, i usualy know if it's real or not. But now i bought something out of my league. It's a german stick grenade made out of wooden handle w

stevenentabita
    ?

Default Real stick grendade?

Hi,

I'm a german WW2 collector and if i buy something, i usualy know if it's real or not. But now i bought something out of my league.
    It's a german stick grenade made out of wooden handle with a metal head. You hear ratteling when you shake it. Here is a picture, can someone tell me if this is real?

Thanks

Jack
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Real stick grendade?   Real stick grendade?  

2. # ADS

Default Re: Real stick grendade?

Hi Jack. No this is not a real grenade. Might have been made for practice, but even doubt that. Let's wait for more knowledgeable people to contribute.
    Tom

Here are some real ones to compare....
    Attached Images Attached Images Real stick grendade? 

stevenentabita
    ?

Thanks Tom for the reply
    If you see model 43 you see that the handle is the same, but the head is different, maybey other army's use this one?

Hi
    As far as I know this is another form of practice grenade as the weight of the head and the length are the same as an actual grenade.

Martin

Jack, even if this was trying to be m43, it would still not be correct. Please view photos. The main difference between the M24 & M43 is that they used different fuses. The M24 having the pull cord in handle and the M43, well the photos show it better. The method of handle attachment to the explosive head was still very similar. Yours looks like the handle has been forced into the metal section. So I would go with a home made item or possibly a practice item??
    Tom
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Real stick grendade?  
    Attached Images Attached Images Real stick grendade? 

I have the exact same practice grenade and have seen several others and they all seem to be made to a particular design to mimic the features of a standard grenade. I know there's not much to them but they are well made and have the head weighted to suit.

stevenentabita
    ?

Mauser, could you upload some pics of them, would love to see them

Jack
    This is the one that I have. The others I have seen belonged to other collectors.

Martin
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Real stick grendade?   Real stick grendade?  

Martin, thanks for showing.
    Jack, happy for you that it turned out well after all.
    Tom

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast