Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Is this a real Zeltbahn

Article about: my neighbour was working on his car today and was using something that looked like a zeltbahn to sit on, when i asked him about it he told me the sheets of army fabric where in the garage wh

Default Is this a real Zeltbahn

my neighbour was working on his car today and was using something that looked like a zeltbahn to sit on, when i asked him about it he told me the sheets of army fabric where in the garage when he moved in, so it was left over from the chap before him, last but not least i asked him if he likes to sell the zelt to me but he told me that there is no need for him to do so cause he has some more of them and finally he gave me one out of an older crate. i think there where minimum 5 or 6 still in there, maybe i should buy them all i was thinking. but first of all i like to know what it is about these zeltbahn i got. is it real or just rubbish, and one more thing what is a reasonable price i can offer for a zeltbahn
    cant read the stamps very well but i think it says somehow 1943
    thanks in advance
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Is this a real Zeltbahn   Is this a real Zeltbahn  

Is this a real Zeltbahn   Is this a real Zeltbahn  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Is this a real Zeltbahn
    P
    Many

Default Re: Is this a real Zeltbahn

on the photos you can better read the stamps
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Is this a real Zeltbahn  

Too me it's repro B patt oakleaf, buttons not correct, material weave too course and the grommets look wrong, I'm going in comparison to my A type.

so then for free is fine but for cash no good at all

Quote by Swingcat View Post
    so then for free is fine but for cash no good at all
    Depends a repro SS you can play with and not worry about it, if you can get it cheap then great

Quote by reneblacky View Post
    Depends a repro SS you can play with and not worry about it, if you can get it cheap then great
    thanks

For me, the biggest red flag are the shiny grommets. They should be either a natural type of alloy or else zink, but these look to be new anodized steel. Don't know exactly which one of the many German camo designs this is trying to be, Planetree 1-6, Oakleaf A,B or what, but it doesn't really appear to be any of them. Spearhead Militaria sells these for $89.98 US apiece, so, actually, free is not a bad thing...Hey, they may even be Usable. William
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Lol - I'd take as many as the fellow was willing to give. I'd even offer
    to buy him a few brand new tarps in trade - say, two
    zelts for one new tarp.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    For me, the biggest red flag are the shiny grommets. They should be either a natural type of alloy or else zink, but these look to be new anodized steel. Don't know exactly which one of the many German camo designs this is trying to be, Planetree 1-6, Oakleaf A,B or what, but it doesn't really appear to be any of them. Spearhead Militaria sells these for $89.98 US apiece, so, actually, free is not a bad thing...Hey, they may even be Usable. William
    No it's actually not a bad representation B type oakleaf pattern

One good use for them might be to offer them for sale to the Re-enactor groups. They would certainly be more than interested in them, I would imagine. William
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast