Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Recent find; a 100% original Leica IIIc Luftwaffen-Eigentum camera

Article about: Some photos of my recent find. A WWII Leica IIIC (stepper variant) Luftwaffen-Eigentum. Delivered to the Luftwaffe on 15.10.1940. (serial numbers check out and confirm it) It still has it's

Default Recent find; a 100% original Leica IIIc Luftwaffen-Eigentum camera

Some photos of my recent find. A WWII Leica IIIC (stepper variant) Luftwaffen-Eigentum. Delivered to the Luftwaffe on 15.10.1940. (serial numbers check out and confirm it) It still has it's original red shutter curtain. I collect both militaria and vintage cameras. I mostly buy cameras to use but there are some exceptions. This is a camera that I won't use

Recent find; a 100% original Leica IIIc Luftwaffen-Eigentum cameraRecent find; a 100% original Leica IIIc Luftwaffen-Eigentum cameraRecent find; a 100% original Leica IIIc Luftwaffen-Eigentum camera...

Does anyone else here own one? Would love to see some more examples.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Recent find; a 100% original Leica IIIc Luftwaffen-Eigentum camera
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

I don't know anything about these but this sure looks fantastic. Meets both of your collecting interests to boot! Can't beat that!

Now...if it is in working order, I certainly would be tempted to shoot at least one roll of film in it.

Edit: Maybe at a re-enactor event too boot! In black and white of course
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

It is in working order but I'd feel silly using it. I have bodies without the engraving that will give exactly the same result! (If I use the same lens ofcourse)..

?

Beautiful item, well done.

Thumbs up

A classic Leica ; a truly superb collectors item !

a great find.

?

Nice Leica soviets made a few copies of these what i have read...
    btw you happen to have Swastika Minox in your collection?...
    i had this newer model for some time but i sold it for 50 bucks neat little thing kinda remind some Apple products

Lightbulb

Yes, you have to be very careful. I have handled one or two Russian 'Leicas'. They can be quite convincing ( they're usually based on the FED 35mm camera which was itself virtually a direct copy of the Leica ).

Fortunately, the fakers often can't resist putting a prominent Swastika somewhere or other on the camera to make it 'realistic'. And also, on close inspection, the edges of the engraving a just too 'sharp'.

But - buyer very much beware !

What a lovely camera, do you have the case?

If it works use it!...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast