Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Recycle bin find!

Article about: Hello everybody, here is Julekpl again. I had a most interesting day today. On my way to work, one of my neighbors was taking out his recyclables, and I noticed this little guy on top It is

Default Recycle bin find!

Hello everybody, here is Julekpl again. I had a most interesting day today. On my way to work, one of my neighbors was taking out his recyclables, and I noticed this little guy on top It is a Nazi Steel canteen from 1940(?) the leather strap says either "RFI" or "RFT" I cannot make it out. The cloth is worn an chewed up a bit by bugs, but the canteen seems fine Does this happen often that people find such artifacts in others' trash?

Thanks for viewing

Recycle bin find! Recycle bin find! Recycle bin find! Recycle bin find!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Recycle bin find!
    P
    Many

Nice find! I hope you asked if he/she had anything else in the house!

Best,
    Josh

?

Did you rifle through the test of the trash bin? I would have!!

Yeah I asked him if he had anything else...he said no, and he found it in the attic. Supposedly a German family lived there before him, so I'm guessing they left it, but the rest was junk.

"Does this happen often that people find such artifacts in others' trash?" lol Just ask Joe (GIZMO8Z) in New York. Take a look at the thread he has-his family runs a recycling center there.
    https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/steel...garbage-93238/
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

5-6 years ago, found a fired anti tank bazooka tube (probably 60 ~70's) stick out of a garbage bin during garage selling in Canada.

The thing was still in very good condition, that really blew my mind ! Ran into it the right place at the right time.

Regards,
    Taka

?

Nice find! ..the things people throw away...
    My friend saw some kids in the 1980's who had pulled a luft paratrooper lid and a "Deuschland Erwake " standard out of a dumpster!

?

There is in fact quite a few Dumpster/skip Divers here ...
    It's surprising what have been found in the depths !!

Quote by Julekpl View Post
    It is a Nazi Steel canteen from 1940(?) the leather strap says either "RFI" or "RFT" I cannot make it out.

Hello Julekpl,
    The maker of the leather strap is RFI. This canteen is not matching as there was no red lacquered canteen in 1940, and also no riveted leather loops on the felt cover. By the way, this is not a nazi canteen, it has no political opinions and i would be highly surprised if it ever voted for the nazi party....no that's just a german army canteen produced during the TR era ()
    pls look at the neck of the canteen itself for an hypothetical marking, you can also look on the felt cover, on the inside by the studs...
    Thanks
    Last edited by JPhilip; 11-04-2013 at 02:41 PM.

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    "Does this happen often that people find such artifacts in others' trash?" lol Just ask Joe (GIZMO8Z) in New York. Take a look at the thread he has-his family runs a recycling center there.
    https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/steel...garbage-93238/
    Thanks for the shout-out, William!

Congrats on saving a piece of history from oblivion, Julekpl!

We had another cool find today at the recycling facility!

Here's a link to my main garbage thread:
    Finds in the GARBAGE!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast