Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Regarding Mauser ammunitions and magazine clips.

Article about: I was responding to the type of case mark and box only as that was the quistion about repro?

Default Regarding Mauser ammunitions and magazine clips.

Hello, this is Julekpl again with a question about ammunition for the k98 Mauser and ammunition clips. I was offered a price for an "original" box containing 2 clips with the bullets. My question is this: Have these been reproduced? And if so, what should I watch out for when inspecting these for authenticity? Here are some pictures of similar items I have been offered. Thanks! Regarding Mauser ammunitions and magazine clips. Regarding Mauser ammunitions and magazine clips. Regarding Mauser ammunitions and magazine clips.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Regarding Mauser ammunitions and magazine clips.
    P
    Many

Default Re: Regarding Mauser ammunitions and magazine clips.

The items posted are 100% original and will sell for around 25$ per box around here.
    I have not seen a repro of the ammo, not sure about the boxes being done but the ones above are good IMO.

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

Agreed. These boxes of 8mm are totally genuine and in great condition. To my knowledge, they have not been reproduced. It would, I believe , be quite cost prohibitive to produce brass shell cases that are marked and dated. If you are looking to shoot them, I would advise buying newer ammo and avoid the corrosive Berdan primers these have. And at this age, they would probably misfire 1 out of 4. We used to see these shells by the Case for little of nothing years ago-we would buy them and "plink" with them for days on end. Nowadays? Like Eric said, 25 dollars a Box. A Case? I wouldn't even want to imagine...
    Last edited by Wagriff; 07-23-2012 at 07:30 AM.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Oh I am sorry, I forgot, This isn't my picture, it is just an example of what I am being offered... So the only thing I should be weary of is the box? And the offer is a bit less than $20

- - Updated - -

I will be going to check them out in 2 days. The owner said that everything is in mint factory condition...which makes me worried if the boxes themselves may be repros...

- - Updated - -

I will be going to check them out in 2 days. The owner said that everything is in mint factory condition...which makes me worried if the boxes themselves may be repros...

The boxes look to be genuine as well, I should have mentioned that-sorry.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

These are for my Austrian Steyr as long as they look close to this I cant see a fake box with real clip and ammo.
    I would say you are ok at that price.

Regarding Mauser ammunitions and magazine clips.Regarding Mauser ammunitions and magazine clips.

8X56R for the M95, I have a couple boxes too, and they look the same. They came out of the case looking that way, had never been handled before, that's why the boxes look so nice. They were some of the first non-corrosvie primers used, made by Rottweil I think the name was. The bullets were .329 dia, a little larger than the 8x57.

?

You do realize these will NOT fit in a K98 Mauser,these are for a M95 Steyr rifle,totally different.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

But of course (ONLY AS EXAMPLE).Pete

Eric

?

Well the OP asked about original K98 ammo,did I misinterperate something? Sometimes I can be dumb.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast