Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Reichsbahn Monocular Help

Article about: Hi there, someone who knew that I was into collecting decided to give me this spyglass they had, it is a very particular item which has the Deutsche Reichsbahn stamp on it... it looks and fe

Default Reichsbahn Monocular Help

Hi there, someone who knew that I was into collecting decided to give me this spyglass they had, it is a very particular item which has the Deutsche Reichsbahn stamp on it... it looks and feels very period and is well constructed... Except it's very odd that on the opposite side the National Sozialistische D.A.P is spelled incorrectly (?) It reads Sozialistiscne, anyhow I cannot find anything about the purpose of them or any history of it, if it is something made post-war it's a very peculiar item to produce! Any information would be greatly appreciated!
    Thanks Very much,
    ConnorReichsbahn Monocular HelpReichsbahn Monocular HelpReichsbahn Monocular HelpReichsbahn Monocular HelpReichsbahn Monocular Help

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Reichsbahn Monocular Help
    P
    Many

Why would the Reichsbahn use such a huge and elaborate property marking for a piece of equipment? Why would they add the NSDAP party badge design on the other side? Why would it be misspelled?

Unfortunately, the answer is simple:

This is a nice old piece which somebody has ruined by adding bogus "Nazi" markings to increase the selling price.

Yeah unfortunately that's what I thought, what an odd piece to create! The only reasoning i'd imagine was I knew that the Reichsbahn used commercial equipment and was a state-run railway... Oh well It's not anything I purchased, nor anything I believed in being genuine... Also for size reference this whole piece can fit into the palm of your hand, it's pretty confusing that you could go through the effort to create fake stamping and then spell it incorrectly!

Looks to be a fake

As HPL2008 says. I agree with all of it.
    And what has the NSDAP to do with the Deutsche Reichsbahn?

If someone would actually sanction such an item it would have
    been through the Reichsbahn-Zentralamt (RZA), I think!
    If the Reichsbahn "emblem" is positioned right, why is then the
    NSDAP "emblem" upside down?

I think all is bogus!
    Last edited by Wilhelm Saris; 10-03-2016 at 09:15 AM.

I don't even know if I would say that the item itself is real. It looks to be a totally faked piece.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by Zorchkat View Post
    it's pretty confusing that you could go through the effort to create fake stamping and then spell it incorrectly!
    Believe me, that happens all the time.

Ok thanks guys, I know nothing about the Reichsbahn or monoculars so cheers!... To the dump then!

trillionmiles
    ?

Quote by Zorchkat View Post
    Hi there, someone who knew that I was into collecting decided to give me this spyglass they had, it is a very particular item which has the Deutsche Reichsbahn stamp on it... it looks and feels very period and is well constructed... Except it's very odd that on the opposite side the National Sozialistische D.A.P is spelled incorrectly (?) It reads Sozialistiscne, anyhow I cannot find anything about the purpose of them or any history of it, if it is something made post-war it's a very peculiar item to produce! Any information would be greatly appreciated!
    Thanks Very much,
    ConnorReichsbahn Monocular HelpReichsbahn Monocular HelpReichsbahn Monocular HelpReichsbahn Monocular HelpReichsbahn Monocular Help
    Hi there. I am new to this forum, and found your item when I was looking for some information on the exact same item that I have just purchased from an auction....It has the exact same markings on it, and the same misspelling, and unless I have just bought your one, there is another one about, which is mine...

I have seen others for sale which have different markings on, so to get these with the German markings on, surely they would have had to erase all the previous markings, making it too thin to mark with anything else, and why make it such good quality, including the eye piece, and the adjusting mechanism, seems strange to me

Hello and welcome to the forum!
    Please read the previous posts.
    This is not an authentic item.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast