Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Riffel M95 STEYR enbloc clip and Mess Kit

Article about: Hi Forum I have just got this Riffel M95 STEYR enbloc clip with stamp (Eagle and Swastika) and Mess Kit in good condition, we will newer know if it came from the same soldier, but niece piec

Default Riffel M95 STEYR enbloc clip and Mess Kit

Hi Forum
    I have just got this Riffel M95 STEYR enbloc clip with stamp (Eagle and Swastika) and Mess Kit in good condition, we will newer know if it came from the same soldier, but niece piece of history

I read the letters ESB 11 or ESB 41 on the Mess Kit, but I am in doubt, Do someone know ?

Regards
    John
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Riffel M95 STEYR enbloc clip and Mess Kit   Riffel M95 STEYR enbloc clip and Mess Kit  

Riffel M95 STEYR enbloc clip and Mess Kit   Riffel M95 STEYR enbloc clip and Mess Kit  

Riffel M95 STEYR enbloc clip and Mess Kit   Riffel M95 STEYR enbloc clip and Mess Kit  

Attached Images Attached Images Riffel M95 STEYR enbloc clip and Mess Kit  Riffel M95 STEYR enbloc clip and Mess Kit 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Riffel M95 STEYR enbloc clip and Mess Kit
    P
    Many

Hello,
    There might be a problem here, as pieces that hold the wire handle have never been used for messkits produced for the german army...see photo below...

so two possibilities here :

1) both messkit and lid are together since production, so markings ESB41 is fake
    2) Lid is german ESB41 but was mixed with a messkit from another origin...

These pieces remind me of some russian origin if i'm not mistaking

Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Hi Philip
    Thank you for your ID, I am not so keen on this messkit, so you are perhaps right, let´s see if there are other ideas :-)
    Regards
    John

Nice steyr clip. They are getting harder to find.