Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

RUKA SS binoculars real or fake?

Article about: by Flak bunker Hi, Yes there are a few questions on these,most opinions are that they are real,but there are fakes could you send me the number as I can't read the last few digits,there are

Default RUKA SS binoculars real or fake?

Hi all,

I wonder if anyone can help, I have these old binoculars and they has an SS stamp on them. I understand there might be fakes of these around (or indeed they are all fakes!) wonder if anyone can tell me if these are genuine. I bought them in a job lot of house clearence stuff so can't say anything about where they came from, but they were with some UK 1944 field glasses. Thanks in advance.

RUKA SS binoculars real or fake?RUKA SS binoculars real or fake?RUKA SS binoculars real or fake?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement RUKA SS binoculars real or fake?
    P
    Many

Default Re: RUKA SS binoculars real or fake?

Hi,
    Yes there are a few questions on these,most opinions are that they are real,but there are fakes could you send me the number as I can't read the last few digits,there are two ways to tell one is through the number and the other well I can't say as these fakers get everywhere if you can give me the number I can help

they are fake markings in my opinion. they were issue field binos and there were no "special" SS binos.

The photos are of poor quality but I would be very suspicious of these markings, especially with a totenkopf on as well. The SS Runes look like they are slightly different sizes and it all seems very implausible to me.

Hi,
    Then there are two questions you need to ask,first why is it only Ruka binoculars that have these and second there have been found three examples dug up,two in Russia one in Italy

Thats very interesting, do you have any pictures of the others?

Edit-I have looked thiese up on the web and indeed it seems there are examples thought to be genuine, so disregard my opinion on this matter.

No you are right they have been faked as many other german items have been,i will look out the photos for you,anything with sigrunes on has be regarded as dodgy,
    Last edited by Flak bunker; 03-26-2013 at 04:21 PM. Reason: Miss spelt

Thanks.

Peakman, I expect my fellow collectors will want clearer pictures of these markings to give an opinion on their authenticity.

Some images from elsewhere and there did not seem to be a clearly defined answer when these were discussed, with some liking them and others just not buying it.

I have no opinion on this, though if pushed I would be sceptical, but open to proof.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture RUKA SS binoculars real or fake?   RUKA SS binoculars real or fake?  

RUKA SS binoculars real or fake?   RUKA SS binoculars real or fake?  

RUKA SS binoculars real or fake?   RUKA SS binoculars real or fake?  

Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Skeptical is a delicate way of putting it... ;-)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast