Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Rusted MP40 magazine

Article about: Hey guys so I’ve had this mp40 magazine since before I started collecting seriously and thought everything sold on eBay was authentic lol. But I couldn’t decide on which plan to use to r

Default Rusted MP40 magazine

Hey guys so I’ve had this mp40 magazine since before I started collecting seriously and thought everything sold on eBay was authentic lol. But I couldn’t decide on which plan to use to remove the rust so I went with I simple rust remover that’s easy on metal. And let it soak for a while the results are not great but I feel like that’s as far as I’m going to go because it was rusted inside and out and while brushing with a tooth brush a big piece of metal fell out so I decided not to clean any further
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Rusted MP40 magazine   Rusted MP40 magazine  

Rusted MP40 magazine   Rusted MP40 magazine  

Rusted MP40 magazine  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Rusted MP40 magazine
    P
    Many

Looks a little fragile.

Problem with corroded mags is they tend to be thin and not much you can do to preserve them. You might consider, once you've treated the rust, that you paint it with etch primer and then over spray in black?

Or you can leave as is, but the rust will come back.

Fragile but not too fragile I accidentally dropped it and nothing fell lol I feel like rust is holding much of it together lol. And I might do that BlackCat I definitely will do that if it preserves it. It might not be worth anything but I couldn’t bring myself to throw it away.