Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

SA Snare Drum with Hanger - Opinions Please

Article about: Good evening, I have been offered this SA drum with hanger. Can anybody please help determine if the drum is period and if the hanger is also? Thank you, Glen.

Default SA Snare Drum with Hanger - Opinions Please

Good evening,

I have been offered this SA drum with hanger.

Can anybody please help determine if the drum is period and if the hanger is also?

Thank you, Glen.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SA Snare Drum with Hanger - Opinions Please   SA Snare Drum with Hanger - Opinions Please  

SA Snare Drum with Hanger - Opinions Please   SA Snare Drum with Hanger - Opinions Please  

SA Snare Drum with Hanger - Opinions Please   SA Snare Drum with Hanger - Opinions Please  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SA Snare Drum with Hanger - Opinions Please
    P
    Many

drums good SA or HJ,need a better pic of the hanger.

This is my first time seeing such a hanger, but overall I like what I see...A few days ago I did some checking up on the price-range of these drums (without hangers) on Ebay.de, and find them reasonably priced between 100-200 Euros...These tend to be about 30-32 centimeters wide...I want one too!
    cheers, Glenn

Hey guys - thank you for your opinions.

I have just seen a similar hanger on the collectors guild and here is the description:

N035672 DJ/HJ DRUM HANGER. (Trommelschere) Large, cast brass, political style, drum hanger. Hanger is roughly 64mm wide, at its widest point and 125mm tall. Hanger is in the form of an ornate shield base with scalloped sides and a raised edge border, encompassing an embossed early pattern national eagle clutching a wreath with a static swastika, on a pitted field. Bottom of hanger has two slightly angled, different sized, turned up carrying hooks, flanking a "feathered" centerpiece. Two extended arms to hanger top with lynch pin attached centerpiece with swivel topped attachment ring. Original leather belt loop is still attached. Rare to find in this large size.

Thank you, Glen.

There's a drum for sale right now on Ebay.de at a buy it now price of 100 Euros...but with the common Prussian eagle-hanger...
    Glenn