Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Sani gasmask canister - original or ????????

Article about: Some of you may have seen this on Ebay in the UK. I have bought from this particular seller and all his stuff has been Okay so far. This has now been pulled because of "a listing error&

Default Sani gasmask canister - original or ????????

Some of you may have seen this on Ebay in the UK. I have bought from this particular seller and all his stuff has been Okay so far.
    This has now been pulled because of "a listing error" but it may have been done if was considered suspect? At first inspection it seems a great sani canister but I am suspect of the condition of the red cross as the colours seem too bright ....... how about you guys?

Dan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Sani gasmask canister - original or ????????   Sani gasmask canister - original or ????????  

Sani gasmask canister - original or ????????  
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Sani gasmask canister - original or ????????
    P
    Many

Default Re: Sani gasmask canister - original or ????????

I have bought my tommy helmet from this seller too Danmark,but this ,in my eyes,dont looks like a period red Cross.Hope this wii help

I got to admit I dont like the look of this one either Dan. There doesnt seem to be any ageing to the white as in any yellowing or crazing of the paint. Also there seems to be chips of paint down to metal on the lid that look fresh and with no rust, where as the body has rust and bear metal chips as well. To many red flags for me.

Jason

I agree Jason, I had cooled on it pretty quickly but I admit at first glance I was salivating a bit
    I'm glad it got pulled so no-one got disappointed..... one has to be always wary ( even from good sellers - they get caught too )
    Cheers, Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Well we can all agree on that the canister is surely original! hehe. The paint looks a little off to me as well.. For something that is 70 years old it should have a little more age to it. Hmm..

Good original gas mask canister the other I don't know about doesn't look 70 yrs old. timothy

Hello,
    Nice try...this one will be more convincing in 2043....it comes thirty years too early...
    Thanks
    Last edited by JPhilip; 07-04-2013 at 07:23 PM.

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

The cross has been added later for sure to push teh price up , i was at the Ciney show earlyer on this year and there was a German dealer with about 20 of these all painted the same and i am sure this was one of his ,